Sponsored

Has the demand for 2015 model slowed down?

bdr529

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Escape 5 speed manual
I went to a dealer this morning to look at a 2015 Mustang that they had in stock. Much to my surprise, they had two 50 year anniversary editions in stock - one coupe and one convertible. I assumed these were long gone, but then it occurred to me that maybe the demand has slowed down as we approach the end of the 2015 model year.
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I don't think there was a shortage of the anniversary package, I believe you can still order them from the factory.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
There was a dealership expo this weekend, two Ford dealerships there...must have been at least 30 Mustangs there.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The demand hasn't sold, just production has finally gotten to it's peak. In fall they were just starting out a whole new platform so there were slowdowns causing low stock. Now everyone has stock.

Last I checked they were selling 8,000+ per month which is a huge number

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I went to a dealer this morning to look at a 2015 Mustang that they had in stock. Much to my surprise, they had two 50 year anniversary editions in stock - one coupe and one convertible. I assumed these were long gone, but then it occurred to me that maybe the demand has slowed down as we approach the end of the 2015 model year.
Did you happen to see the price on them? A lot of the 50th editions are sitting on dealer lots due to the "market" adjustment fees hoping to catch a sucker.

They won't sell at that price; they're just Mustang GT's and not a Shelby, Cobra, Mach 1, etc..,

Sponsored

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Did you happen to see the price on them? A lot of the 50th editions are sitting on dealer lots due to the "market" adjustment fees hoping to catch a sucker.

They won't sell at that price; they're just Mustang GT's and not a Shelby, Cobra, Mach 1, etc..,
Agreed...the 50th LE are more hype than substance...nice vehicles...just no very distinctive...

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The demand hasn't sold, just production has finally gotten to it's peak. In fall they were just starting out a whole new platform so there were slowdowns causing low stock. Now everyone has stock.

Last I checked they were selling 8,000+ per month which is a huge number
In Houston...there are massive inventories of Mustang's on the ground...IMO...demand has slowed...I think big discounts & larger rebates will be necessary to shrink inventories before the '16's are launched...

I have no doubt the new Camaro will take away some the the current Mustang sales momentum...I fully expect that '16 Mustang sales will shrink...

That's OK...no sense in flooding the market with new body Mustangs!!!

Detroit has a rich tradition in over producing vehicles!!! LOL

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

He is referring to the 50th AP, not the 50th LE. There was only 1 convertible built in a 50th LE.

The AP that you saw is just an option, nothing more.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
In Houston...there are massive inventories of Mustang's on the ground...IMO...demand has slowed...I think big discounts & larger rebates will be necessary to shrink inventories before the '16's are launched...

I have no doubt the new Camaro will take away some the the current Mustang sales momentum...I fully expect that '16 Mustang sales will shrink...

That's OK...no sense in flooding the market with new body Mustangs!!!

Detroit has a rich tradition in over producing vehicles!!! LOL

I really hope you're right. I've been planning on ordering a 2016 but if I can get a really really good deal on a 2015 with the options I want I'll be flexible on exterior and interior color.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I wish that wasn't the case, my waiting is freaking killing me

Sponsored

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really hope you're right. I've been planning on ordering a 2016 but if I can get a really really good deal on a 2015 with the options I want I'll be flexible on exterior and interior color.
I purchased my '15 EcoBoost Premium in February...factory MSRP was $32,485...with discount & rebates...the actual price was $28,317...($4,168 discount)...

Today...I would expect a minimum of $5,000 off...or I'd wait for a '16 model...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I purchased my '15 EcoBoost Premium in February...factory MSRP was $32,485...with discount & rebates...the actual price was $28,317...($4,168 discount)...

Today...I would expect a minimum of $5,000 off...or I'd wait for a '16 model...

What do you think of $40k OTD for a GT Premium with an MSRP of $42500? I offered this to 2 dealers in my area about 3 weeks ago and they both wouldn't go for it - you think now would be different?

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
What do you think of $40k OTD for a GT Premium with an MSRP of $42500? I offered this to 2 dealers in my area about 3 weeks ago and they both wouldn't go for it - you think now would be different?
That would mean you are getting the car for $37k, which is ~5500 off (according to FL tax + other possible fees). Just tell them you see people on forums getting over $5000-6000 off 40k+ GTs, which is true. I told this to a dealer over here and they were willing to get that low. Just gotta be persistent and don't act like you really like the car.

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Between discounts & rebates...I would expect at least $5K off...

The situation in Houston might be different...there are more 20 dealerships within a 50 mile radius to me...so pricing is very aggressive because of the huge number of Mustangs on the ground...

I did all of my initial negotiations via email...it took about 5 days to narrow down the final 4 or 5 dealership's I wished to do business with...than I finished the final pricing via phone conversations...

Don't be afraid to obtain a quote from a large dealership that might be up to 250 miles from you...

Larger Metro areas tend to offer better pricing...

Use eBay as a basic price guide...advertisers on eBay are there to move the merchandise...

I actually purchased my '15 Mustang from a Ford Dealership that advertises very heavily on Ebay...

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
2015 Mustang sales have been pretty strong at the dealership I work for, getting better and better every month, with April the best month so far. With spring and summer upon us, I expect Mustang sales to increase even more.
Sponsored