Has anyone ordered a Mach 1 yet

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
According to the Dept. of Energy just the manual, not the auto gets the $1K tax. Click on Spec's. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=43610&id=43679&id=43675
Saw my dealer today to pick up the car after the cotter pin-in-the-tire incident interrupted my break-in. Ted Britt Ford of Fairfax has a M6 Mach 1 in stock, with two more M6 versions due before long. Buying across state lines apparently has some challenges but I know there was one there when I left earlier today.
Sponsored

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Saw my dealer today to pick up the car after the cotter pin-in-the-tire incident interrupted my break-in. Ted Britt Ford of Fairfax has a M6 Mach 1 in stock, with two more M6 versions due before long. Buying across state lines apparently has some challenges but I know there was one there when I left earlier today.
can you explain the cotter pin thing?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
can you explain the cotter pin thing?
Day 2 -- cotter pin (1st pic) into the inside sidewall on the right rear tire. TPMS alert while driving on a major road (not highway) with only 240 miles on the car, resulting in completely flat tire (2nd pic). Sad face.

PXL_20210408_203840025.jpg

original_bc24e93d-be8c-47c7-a07a-36e2c3416b39_signal-2021-04-07-145013.jpg

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Oh got ya. I thought it was something Ford left in like when I purchased a Dodge Caliber SRT4 they left in the shipping spring spacers. I mean a cotter pin? That’s why I asked. I understand a nail. I really hate when things happen like that. What are the odds. I always say you just can’t have anything nice LOL

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Oh got ya. I thought it was something Ford left in like when I purchased a Dodge Caliber SRT4 they left in the shipping spring spacers. I mean a cotter pin? That’s why I asked. I understand a nail. I really hate when things happen like that. What are the odds. I always say you just can’t have anything nice LOL
Life is full of all sorts of challenges. If a cotter pin in the sidewall of my new Mach 1 is the worst I need to worry about this week or this month, I'm totally good with it. Others are dealing with situations a lot worse. And my dealership came through, along with the additional tire warranty that I opted for (first time in my life!)

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Life is full of all sorts of challenges. If a cotter pin in the sidewall of my new Mach 1 is the worst I need to worry about this week or this month, I'm totally good with it. Others are dealing with situations a lot worse. And my dealership came through, along with the additional tire warranty that I opted for (first time in my life!)
that is true

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Ford is all over the place with their projected production dates LOL...

3/19 - came to agreement with the salesman on my order.
3/22 - dealership placed the order with Ford.
3/25 - Ford emails me with a production date of May 31.
3/26 - Ford emails a production date of May 3.
3/27 - Ford emails a production date of May 24.
4/9 - Ford emails a production date of May 17.

And the order tracking site always seems to lag a few days behind the emailed updates. Come on guys, this should not be that difficult.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

And the order tracking site always seems to lag a few days behind the emailed updates. Come on guys, this should not be that difficult.
1. At least Ford is communicating with you.
2. At least you’re still in May.
3. At least you’re still in 2021 ( I hope)

Take a deep breath. You will be behind the wheel in no time. :like::fingerscrossed::)

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

Too many cooks in the kitchen I think. The tracking site isn't for Ford per se and isn't maintained the way the internal status is. This is unfortunate, but not that unusual. I think they've outsourced much of their web stuff.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1. At least Ford is communicating with you.
2. At least you’re still in May.
3. At least you’re still in 2021 ( I hope)

Take a deep breath. You will be behind the wheel in no time. :like::fingerscrossed::)
Agreed, Bikeman. Patience counts at this point. Mine jumped around similarly, then I got an email saying it was shipped. I sent that to my dealer who sent me the internal status that showed it was in already in Maryland by train! It was at the dealer the following Monday. The tracker didn't show anything after the "shipped" notification.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

At least you're getting emails. I haven't heard a word from them. I get all my "info" from the status page and calling Ford Performance (all nice guys and quite helpful).

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
agreed. Thank god we are getting updates at all. I've ordered and tracked many Grand Cherokee SRT's, Hellcat and a couple Scat packs when this other forum had a guy (MOTS) tracking every inch of 100's of people's builds, it would get updated everyday and I knew more than the dealer did and then FCA shut them down. FCA used to have a tracking website also that they shut down. Then after that I had to torture my dealer just to get bad info sparingly or use Jeep chat which gave you generic updates everyday like this, "Thank you for waiting. Your ******* is in the pre-production stage which means all parts are gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I'd recommend contacting us back in a week for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner" and it was horrible. So I don't care if Ford changes it everyday, as long as I know and they keep me informed. I'm actually quite impressed Ford is doing this. You can see that everyday cars can be built faster or slower, workers might be sick and delay things, parts could be delayed so the timeframe can move. I for one applaud Ford for this tracking scheme they have now.

Last One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Picked up my Mach 1 yesterday and can't say enough about the car. Two minor issues: no front splitter or wheel lip molding. On order now. Good news is that the Gurney flap was in the trunk. I received the full history report and thought I'd share that history with you. This might help those that are in the waiting stage understand just how long this can take. 7 Jan-order processing, 14 Jan scheduled for 8 Mar, 22 Feb scheduled for 10 Mar build date, 2 Mar in production, 5 Mar body shop, 9 Mar trim line, 10 Mar produced, 13 Mar waiting transport and released (these all at Flat Rock. On 18 Mar Ramp 5 Newboston MI, 19 Mar Walbridge OH, 20 Mar Cincinnati OH, 21 Mar Louisville KY, 23 Mar Nashville TN, 24 Mar Wauhatchi TN, 25 Mar Howtransf GA, 27 Mar Greenwwod SC, 28 Mar ramp 4F Dixiana SC, 6 Apr delivered to dealer. This does not include the arrival and departure and there were some cities left off as they were on the same days I included above. So using my fuzzy math, it took 90 days from initial order to dealer delivery for the Mach 1 with the HP. Ask your salesman for all the paperwork as well as a 2021 Mustang brochure. Keeping all the associated paperwork will be worth it in the long run. Most of all enjoy your new rides when they come in.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Picked up my Mach 1 yesterday and can't say enough about the car. Two minor issues: no front splitter or wheel lip molding. On order now. Good news is that the Gurney flap was in the trunk. I received the full history report and thought I'd share that history with you. This might help those that are in the waiting stage understand just how long this can take. 7 Jan-order processing, 14 Jan scheduled for 8 Mar, 22 Feb scheduled for 10 Mar build date, 2 Mar in production, 5 Mar body shop, 9 Mar trim line, 10 Mar produced, 13 Mar waiting transport and released (these all at Flat Rock. On 18 Mar Ramp 5 Newboston MI, 19 Mar Walbridge OH, 20 Mar Cincinnati OH, 21 Mar Louisville KY, 23 Mar Nashville TN, 24 Mar Wauhatchi TN, 25 Mar Howtransf GA, 27 Mar Greenwwod SC, 28 Mar ramp 4F Dixiana SC, 6 Apr delivered to dealer. This does not include the arrival and departure and there were some cities left off as they were on the same days I included above. So using my fuzzy math, it took 90 days from initial order to dealer delivery for the Mach 1 with the HP. Ask your salesman for all the paperwork as well as a 2021 Mustang brochure. Keeping all the associated paperwork will be worth it in the long run. Most of all enjoy your new rides when they come in.
Congrats Bob, but as you know, pics or it didn't happen! :like: :clap:
Sponsored