Has anyone had this issue?

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Performance Pack Mustang
Had an oil change at the dealership the other day and pointed out the weather stripping on the outside of the drive side door is folding in. I slid a plastic card along the car and the weather strip, but in comes out , then folds back in. They are ordering the part per warranty for the repair on 7/20/2016. They pointed out the rear windows on both sides are coming undone. I waited on that repair until it gets worse.
20160715_161248.jpg
20160715_161311.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Glad to find out I'm the only one with this issue. We be fixed on July 20.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yup.

With the heat exceeding 85+ every day, my driver side trim molding looks like yours at the roof top and when it goes down the A-Pillar.

Also, open both doors, check the rubber door gasket where it goes from the A-Pillar to the B-Pillar - it would be where that large gasket meets the C-Pillar plastic. On my driver side it's totally deformed and no longer sits flush.

I have a Service Appt for another issue but this has already been pointed out to the Service Dept and they have aknowledged both parts are defective. I expect the parts to be replaced at that time under warranty.

These damn S550s are plagued with Quality Control issues and I would not recommend the vehicle to ANYONE, not even my worst enemy... hear that one Ford Service? Hope Ford Service is channeling ALL of these QC issues up the chain!

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Had an oil change at the dealership the other day and pointed out the weather stripping on the outside of the drive side door is folding in. I slid a plastic card along the car and the weather strip, but in comes out , then folds back in. They are ordering the part per warranty for the repair on 7/20/2016. They pointed out the rear windows on both sides are coming undone. I waited on that repair until it gets worse.
I have the same issue on my driver side. What dealer is repairing this for you? Rodeo?

OP
OP

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Rodeo is trying to get it fixed. Been in 3 times and all 3 times it has not been fixed. Scheduled again on Wednesday July 27.

Sponsored

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I hate dealers man. Always such a hassle. Keep us updated

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
Hello from the East sieeede. Brand new 17 and I, too, am having similar issues. The A-pillar where it meets the headliner is jacked. I can tuck it back into place but it pops right out. Didn't notice it until she got her first bath.

And this shiny stuff (adhesive??) oozes down the seem from behind the plastic pillar cover, all the way down to the lower sill. That glossy vertical line between the rubber and plastic in pic 2 is a full bead of the stuff. Pushing on the weather strip molding makes it run further down the sill. I'm guessing it's 109° related. BONUS: This neat feature is occurring on both sides.

And don't even get me started on this fitment... HTF did I miss that! :doh:

Car is back at the dealer now... we'll see what they can do. Hey - at least they gave me a loaner :thumbsup: When I get it back (tomorrow, hopefully, haha) I'll check for the outside issue you have.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I had to get two new door cards on my driver door because a part where plastic came to a point buckled outward and now my new one is doing the same. Figures...

OP
OP

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Had the repair completed this morning. They replaced GR3Z*630265*A - Retainer and FR3Z*6321597*A - Window Channel. Fixed?
Sponsored