Sponsored

Has anyone given thought to this monumental change that’s about to occur? In less than 2 years…

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Pulling supply out of the world market affects world cude prices. so YEs, YES Us actions dictate world prices just like opec.
Ev's are not getting dinged at all.
Owners already got a 7500 tax credit. but don't let facts get in the way of your b.s.
Do some research instead of listening to nutjob news sources with agendas. There is ever increasing ways that states are coming up with to money grab EV owners. The free rides are heading to an ending.

Also, incentives are disappearing and becoming less with time. EVs will be taxed more as time goes on and more hit the roads - even the electricity they use will be taxed even more (ie, their "gasoline" tax). States never give up any chance to perform money grabs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=state+taxes+on+electric+vehicles

As far as why gasoline prices are up is probably more complicated than you could ever understand. But instead, you'll try to blame the actions of the entire world on the actions of one country or one guy. Your typical conspiracy BS, lol

https://qz.com/2092389/the-simple-explanation-for-rising-us-gas-prices/

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-are-gas-prices-so-high-right-now-3-reasons-2021-10

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What vehicles currently qualify for the federal credit? (as of September 2021)
Here are some popular models:

edmunds-logo-and-text-generic.png

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Note that there is no more incentives for Teslas. Apparently, the Feds think Tesla can "make it on their own".

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

Its a lot more than that. PHEVs qualify too.
Here's an up to date and comprehensive list.
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Do some research instead of listening to nutjob news sources with agendas. There is ever increasing ways that states are coming up with to money grab EV owners. The free rides are heading to an ending.

Also, incentives are disappearing and becoming less with time. EVs will be taxed more as time goes on and more hit the roads - even the electricity they use will be taxed even more (ie, their "gasoline" tax). States never give up any chance to perform money grabs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=state+taxes+on+electric+vehicles

As far as why gasoline prices are up is probably more complicated than you could ever understand. But instead, you'll try to blame the actions of the entire world on the actions of one country or one guy. Your typical conspiracy BS, lol

https://qz.com/2092389/the-simple-explanation-for-rising-us-gas-prices/

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-are-gas-prices-so-high-right-now-3-reasons-2021-10
Some people can’t comprehend complicated issues and are always looking for a simplistic answer with a target to blame…much easier than having to think….

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Like when I started to drive, we had dirt roads everywhere. Lots of dust except when they sprayed OIL on them.
Hello; I lived on a gravel road until I was ten years old. I recall the oil spray trucks. At the time i thought it was a good thing that kept the dust down. Riding a bicycle on those roads you learned to handle a bike or you crashed a lot.

I started the question about what to pave the roads with to make a point. That point being we as a world people adopted mechanical transportation for good reasons. Along with the advancements in powered vehicles came the infrastructure needed to make it practical which includes paved roads.
I find it of interest there was a debate over which is better asphalt or concrete. Both are bad from a green point of view especially from a narrow focus on CO2. When it comes down to which one makes the better road bed or is cheaper or last longer or is easier to repair, I do not much have a preference. If asked I would pick the cheaper and easier to repair. I have driven on both. Thing is I do not see either becoming very "green" under current conditions. Maybe some day if we can harness a strong enough green energy source so the limestone can be cooked into cement, then concrete might be the better choice. Add that to the list of things wished for currently and still to be figured out someday.

For me a point is we cannot wish nor mandate our way into a "green'" solution just because we want it to happen. Can we live without paved roads to "save" the planet? Sure, I guess we could. I do not want to. I have driven on the old gravel roads and did not like them. At the time I had to put up with it, so swallowed the dust and my family had dust covered cars.

I can think of some alternatives, but concrete and asphalt are workable options currently. So, assuming my thinking is correct that to get the heavy tars needed to pave roads and the plastics needed for medical and food uses, that the refining process must also yield liquid and gaseous products such as gasoline and propane. What will we do with all those millions of barrels of these we now use as fuels? I guess some further enormous facilities could be built to further refine gasoline and propane into some other hydrocarbon. Maybe refine them into a solid form and call it coal 2.0?

Reactions: dx2

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Note that there is no more incentives for Teslas. Apparently, the Feds think Tesla can "make it on their own".
I believe it is because they have sold enough qualified vehicles that they no longer are eligible for credits.... the same will apply to the rest in time as well.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I have driven on the old gravel roads and did not like them.
I loved them, I was sideways more than straight.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Inside the first town in America to ban new gas stations (msn.com)

Hello; Saw the above moments ago. Not going to comment on the content of the story but will on the fact that new gas stations are to be banned.

I guess the existing stations will be allowed to continue so people will be able to get gas or diesel. More putting a foot on the scale to artificially push an agenda.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I loved them, I was sideways more than straight.
Hello; No doubt you learn car handling skills on a gravel road. I was sideways a few times. I hated following another car. I would back way off to stay out of the dust sometimes.
Crashing a bicycle on a gravel road was something else. Not that a bike wreck on pavement is nice, but on gravel you got something extra.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Cadillac takes exception to your simplistic and incomplete world-view. As well Mopar strenuously objects. The notion of EV taking over all performance will blow up spectacularly in the companies' and EV sycophants' faces.
Mopar?
f i a t

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I would back way off to stay out of the dust sometimes.
I never got tailgated on a gravel road.
Sponsored