Sponsored

Has anyone given thought to this monumental change that’s about to occur? In less than 2 years…

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The buying public created a demand for trucks and SUV's with a better ride and more creature comforts like the discarded larger sedans would have had. A result being the burning of more fuel in the less efficient trucks and also some needlessly increase emissions.
Full size sedans with V8s were still being sold long after SUVs came out. People just stopped buying them.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Full size sedans with V8s were still being sold long after SUVs came out. People just stopped buying them.
Absolutely. My Dad drove us around in late 60s 8 passenger station wagon with a 350 Cid.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Yes there were exceptions to the general trend over the last few decades. As of 2023 there was still a Charger V8 being made. Ford dropped the Crown Vic/Grand marquis in 2011. GM's last Chevy was a Holden based SS. Not sure if Cadillac still offers a V8 sedan. Of the ones I can recall the Charger and Crown Vic likely were kept a bit longer due to being fleet type for law enforcement/first responders.

My Dad drove us around in late 60s 8 passenger station wagon with a 350 Cid.
Hello; Of course the 1960's and 1970's were part of the heyday of big sedans. I was under the impression we were discussing the demise of the larger sedan after corporate fuel economy requirements were imposed onto car companies. The first round of required MPG averages were not too bad by current standards. Over time one or another alphabet agency tightened the required averages.
Even this past year there was a plan to tighten the required averages for ICE vehicles to essentially near impossible levels. The thinly veiled threat being part of the plan to do away with ICE vehicles altogether. The agenda will allow for no stone to be left unturned from EV only sales mandates soon, to punishing MPG requirements, to punishing tailpipe emission standards, to slow walking permits for oil drilling leases and more.

The alphabet agencies did one thing recently I like the outcome of. That being they effectively shut down the diesel aftermarket tuners partly responsible for the "rolling coal" fad that went around. I was caught in a tunnel I have to drive thru several times each week by clouds of thick diesel exhaust too many times. Even tho I hated making diesel exhaust clouds when such was not necessary for the ordinary running of the trucks, I was not all that happy an agency had done the deed.
Now if some agency would do something about open headers on motorcycles. I have also been trapped in those same tunnels with 20 and more Harleys running straight pipes. Not so awful in my car as it has power windows and i can get them up quickly. In my pickup however I can only get the driver's window up. Thankfully this is a rare thing.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hello; Yes there were exceptions to the general trend over the last few decades. As of 2023 there was still a Charger V8 being made. Ford dropped the Crown Vic/Grand marquis in 2011. GM's last Chevy was a Holden based SS. Not sure if Cadillac still offers a V8 sedan. Of the ones I can recall the Charger and Crown Vic likely were kept a bit longer due to being fleet type for law enforcement/first responders.

Hello; Of course the 1960's and 1970's were part of the heyday of big sedans. I was under the impression we were discussing the demise of the larger sedan after corporate fuel economy requirements were imposed onto car companies. The first round of required MPG averages were not too bad by current standards. Over time one or another alphabet agency tightened the required averages.
Even this past year there was a plan to tighten the required averages for ICE vehicles to essentially near impossible levels. The thinly veiled threat being part of the plan to do away with ICE vehicles altogether. The agenda will allow for no stone to be left unturned from EV only sales mandates soon, to punishing MPG requirements, to punishing tailpipe emission standards, to slow walking permits for oil drilling leases and more.

The alphabet agencies did one thing recently I like the outcome of. That being they effectively shut down the diesel aftermarket tuners partly responsible for the "rolling coal" fad that went around. I was caught in a tunnel I have to drive thru several times each week by clouds of thick diesel exhaust too many times. Even tho I hated making diesel exhaust clouds when such was not necessary for the ordinary running of the trucks, I was not all that happy an agency had done the deed.
Now if some agency would do something about open headers on motorcycles. I have also been trapped in those same tunnels with 20 and more Harleys running straight pipes. Not so awful in my car as it has power windows and i can get them up quickly. In my pickup however I can only get the driver's window up. Thankfully this is a rare thing.
Their is one thing about the goverment: Their is NOTHING, the government has got their hands into where things improved for its Citizens. The only people who benifit from any of this are those corporations, lobbyist who benifiti from such decisions. Just a facade.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
With the Mustang being the last V8 powered vehicle in the world that offers a manual transmission.
I get your point but this is factually incorrect. The CT5-V Blackwing is a V8 and also offers a manual.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This subject should end.
Hello; I have left a few threads after a time when the discussion moves away from my interests. I go to the top of the page where I can click on the ignore option.
EDIT- I should have said the unwatch button.

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I get your point but this is factually incorrect. The CT5-V Blackwing is a V8 and also offers a manual.
You are correct, until CT5-V Blackwing production ends next year, there are two vehicles in the world that offer a V8 and manual transmission.
Sponsored