Sponsored

Has Anyone Ever Gotten a Warranty Claim Denied for a Tune?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Most dealerships are assholes and if you tune your car there going to blame it on that. They’ll want to find any reason not to honor a warranty.
My dealer, well new dealer caused I switched said "why would I deny my mechanics from making a buck" I completely agree.
Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
On my 15 gt I had the dealer install a power pack 3, which immediately had major Rev hang issues that a reflash sort of solved. Later the car began to stall when coming to a stop and they refused to even look at it as a possible warrenty claim because of an aftermarket grille.

Only reason I bought a new one from them was I'd feel bad dropping the car on a unsuspecting dealer.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So no one sees the obvious?

Get ford to reflash the computer once in awhile. That way IF Ford looks at key count they have a record of it being reset.

So if you are going to use a 300 shot of nitrous and grudge race your buddies, the day before have Ford re flash the computer.

InvertedRain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Vehicle(s)
n/a
So no one sees the obvious?

Get ford to reflash the computer once in awhile. That way IF Ford looks at key count they have a record of it being reset.

So if you are going to use a 300 shot of nitrous and grudge race your buddies, the day before have Ford re flash the computer.
That is unless they keep reference of the number on the flash count before returning it back to you. Reading through all this my opinion is that
any owner should be doing what they know they are skilled or have tried before.

For me, I'm not looking at my warranty with any particular value. Sure, if I want to keep my Mustang GT stock it's great. But what can possibly break if I do proper oil interval changes and have pushed the car very hard (taken to the track)? If it handles that with no hiccups. I say go for it. Once I know my car has run its tires into tar it's a go to put methanol injection, a tune, K&N air filter, sway bars and struts.

It's what I purchased the car for as my daily. If should something fail however one can bet I have the car insurance to have it covered properly. That is the true warranty in question here.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It was tongue in cheek

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
My dealer, well new dealer caused I switched said "why would I deny my mechanics from making a buck" I completely agree.
My dealers have said basically the same thing but added, "why would I want to piss off my customers by trying to avoid warranty work?" Every dealer I have worked with has done everything they can within reason to honor the warranty.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Exactly! ^^^. Part of my service advisor’s pay is based on approved monthly warranty claim $$$. Duh... ;).

Last edited:

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Aft
On my 15 gt I had the dealer install a power pack 3, which immediately had major Rev hang issues that a reflash sort of solved. Later the car began to stall when coming to a stop and they refused to even look at it as a possible warrenty claim because of an aftermarket grille.

Only reason I bought a new one from them was I'd feel bad dropping the car on a unsuspecting dealer.
aftermarket grille.... really that blows

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang

Find a new dealer.

Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I had cam phasers replaced under warranty @ 5600 miles. Total bill to Ford with rental was almost 2k. Car had been tuned since 125 miles. We done here making uninformed blanket statements...?
You got lucky...cause at South Bay Ford here in Hawthorne they would have been up your ass so fast on the tune before you'd mutter a but, but but....

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
You got lucky...cause at South Bay Ford here in Hawthorne they would have been up your ass so fast on the tune before you'd mutter a but, but but....
I was on stock tune with plenty of key counts. Dealer could not prove jack about my tuning. But, I get some dealers are out to void warranties and ultimately lose service customers. It is what it is. Again, find a new dealer.

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Not for the tune but everytime I ask the dealer to check a right sided wheel bearing type noise that corresponds to speed they tell me it's just my header collectors rattling. These guys are lame.
Sponsored