Sponsored

Has anyone combined an H-pipe with an axle-back? Did you regret it?

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I have a steeda H pipe and steeda axle back on my 2019 GT I'm very happy with it . It does have a little bit of popping when I let up on the gas pedal when in town but it can get loud if i get on it
Sponsored

Last edited:

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I installed the Switchfire, it made the cold start great! Normal driving its definitely more rowdy. I'm def adding the ROush axle back next to get a little more. My 2019 had an entire Borla S type cat back. I loved it, but it was just damn loud.

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I put a Steeda H Pipe on 2 years ago and Ive been very happy with it.

Decided this month to add on an axle-back; and went with the newly offered option from Stainless Works. (Legend series)

Im absolutely loving the sound. Its pretty loud, but not obnoxious.
Ill admit, Im a little worried about how loud itl be in January when I fire it up cold... might be a little embarrassing then, but not regretting it at all in July.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
On my '18 Mustang GT PP1, I did a resonator delete, X pipe and Flowmaster mufflers. The resulting tone was deeper, much louder/growly during WOT, and it droned a bit at freeway speeds. Plus, cold starts were very very loud, and it seemed like low end acceleration was a tad bit less responsive. If I were to do it again with my '21 (I'm not), I'd just start with axle back mufflers and see if I needed more and proceed gradually.

OP
OP
Tom777

Tom777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Save your stock midpipe, you're going to want it back. Roush AB plus X/H pipes are well known to be extremely loud.
LOL! The day the parts arrive and two people consecutively decry the modification as abhorrently loud. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to suck it and see after all.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
LOL! The day the parts arrive and two people consecutively decry the modification as abhorrently loud. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to suck it and see after all.
Obviously a lot of people like it.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Roush AB and H pipe here too, cold starts are savage but the rest of the time more than makes up for it

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
On my '18 Mustang GT PP1, I did a resonator delete, X pipe and Flowmaster mufflers. The resulting tone was deeper, much louder/growly during WOT, and it droned a bit at freeway speeds. Plus, cold starts were very very loud, and it seemed like low end acceleration was a tad bit less responsive. If I were to do it again with my '21 (I'm not), I'd just start with axle back mufflers and see if I needed more and proceed gradually.
The drone is produced by the muffler solution, which the FM is notorious for. The mid pipe won't create it, but can amplify it on a muffler solution that tends to drone.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Roush AB and H pipe here too, cold starts are savage but the rest of the time more than makes up for it
I 2nd this, have the same setup on mine. Had a muffler shop install for me, driving home I thought wow this is loud, I may have made a mistake. Said I'd give it a week and if I still didn't like I'd go back. That was 2 years ago, it's loud but I love it.

mdmoore79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I currently run Roush Axle backs with a Pypes H-pipe and love the sound. Cold starts can be a little loud, but like others have said......once it warms up you get a nice sound at idle and driving.

Sponsored

Dinokill3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt PP
I have an H pipe with Bassani axle back.

When I was on 93 fuel the cold starts were loud as hell.

Now that I’m on e85 the cold starts are not as loud.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I have an H pipe with Bassani axle back.

When I was on 93 fuel the cold starts were loud as hell.

Now that I’m on e85 the cold starts are not as loud.
I know after adding the Borla switchfire, the cold starts are niiiiiiice lol. Not for my neighbors. Can't wait for the axle back.

OP
OP
Tom777

Tom777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I've had the H-pipe installed today and the result is something cataclysmically loud. It is actually ridiculous; I mean literally comical. I love it but I really don't know whether or not I can keep it. Everything about my car is absurd and over the top. It's a bonkers celebration of the internal combustion engine and one last hurrah before petrol rides off into the sunset...but I really don't know if I've finally gone too far. I suppose my neighbours' scorn will be the litmus test.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I've had the H-pipe installed today and the result is something cataclysmically loud. It is actually ridiculous; I mean literally comical. I love it but I really don't know whether or not I can keep it. Everything about my car is absurd and over the top. It's a bonkers celebration of the internal combustion engine and one last hurrah before petrol rides off into the sunset...but I really don't know if I've finally gone too far. I suppose my neighbours' scorn will be the litmus test.
You should hear one that has basically a 3" catback without a muffler, like my 2019 did. WE have two tunnels here and it sounded like Indy Cars, I loved it.
Sponsored