Sponsored

Has anyone actually bought a 2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition yet?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Limited Edition #483 - WW - Auto
Curious whether anyone has been able to buy (or have a dealer commit to them) one of the Limited Edition 50th Anniversary cars even though the order bank is not yet open.

I understand those "lucky dealers" who ended up with one of them were told the good news the beginning of this week.

Thanks,
Fiftyyearmustang
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I saw a post on another forum that a dealer out west had gotten a DORA for their 50th car.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
There is only one available in my area (that I know of) and my Nephew is a salesmen at the dealership. I inquired as soon as I could and he responded knowing that they were going to get one and one only for allocation, but that Management hadn't decided what to do with it yet. They were either going to auction it off or the owner or someone in upper management was going to purchase the car for themselves.

I sent an inquiry to my current dealer and never got a response.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
My local salesman texted me this morning that they just found out they are allocated for (8) 50th Anniversary Edition cars and wanted to know what color I wanted for when they order. :headbang:

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
My local salesman texted me this morning that they just found out they are allocated for (8) 50th Anniversary Edition cars and wanted to know what color I wanted for when they order. :headbang:
And you chose what color? Did he offer MSRP?

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
And you chose what color? Did he offer MSRP?
I chose .....and I can't believe I am saying this .... Kona Blue. I say that because it is not my favorite color on the 2011/2012 mustangs but for some reason looks great on the S550.

not sure on price yet but when I bought my 2012 Boss 302 I paid MSRP at a time when others were paying ADM markups.

I'm traveling on business but plan to go see him when I am back in town next week.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
8? Geez, leave some for the rest of the country.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
8? Geez, leave some for the rest of the country.
They are a very high volume dealer. my understanding was the higher volume the dealer is the more allotment they get. I was shocked to find out (8) though.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
They are a very high volume dealer. my understanding was the higher volume the dealer is the more allotment they get. I was shocked to find out (8) though.
Alright now for the question that really matters.... auto or manual?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I just got a call from my dealer. December, I went to them and told them I wanted one of the first gtsthey ordered. I've bought from them a bunch.

Just got a call. They are getting two anniversaries. They wanted to know if I wanted one. Won't do x plan but will so sticker. No dealer hold back. I told them get me a white auto.

Someone is about to have a heart attack but....

It will get a supercharger and will be daily driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
There is a dealer here in Raleigh called Crossroads Ford of Cary. It has the largest Ford showroom in the east, if not the whole country. It's truly heaven on earth. I'm about to go in the next few days to test drive a '14 GT (and get paid for it... WOOT!) and I'll ask them about the LE's. But if you're a lurker that wants to scour the nation for one, call them. They sell huge volumes of EVERYTHING.

EDIT: Here's their number (877) 498-9610

Shredicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3
I just got a call from my dealer. December, I went to them and told them I wanted one of the first gtsthey ordered. I've bought from them a bunch.

Just got a call. They are getting two anniversaries. They wanted to know if I wanted one. Won't do x plan but will so sticker. No dealer hold back. I told them get me a white auto.

Someone is about to have a heart attack but....

It will get a supercharger and will be daily driven.

Might be confusing dealer markup with holdback here. If you're paying MSRP for a car you're definitely paying the holdback which is a (for Ford) ~3%(of MSRP) profit margin on top of the Invoice to MSRP markup.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Might be confusing dealer markup with holdback here. If you're paying MSRP for a car you're definitely paying the holdback which is a (for Ford) ~3%(of MSRP) profit margin on top of the Invoice to MSRP markup.

Yes you're right. I'm not paying dealer mark up.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB