N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
He wants to bounce off the limiter while doughnutting. That be my guess.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
wot box-2 step. program in the hard limiter under the factory one.

[ame]

OP
OP

Yllizh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Metallic 2015 GT
You should drift into an active volcano.
You should stick to beating your meat at night when you can't sleep

Lol this is a first...I've never heard anyone complain that the rev limiter makes the car sound "weak". I guess when people only care about sound it makes sense.
It's not that I only care about sound, else I wouldn't have just mufflers done but making a rocket out of the stang in this country is not only 6 times more expensive than where you come from but it's near impossible to get it done the legal way unless you have twice the money the stang costs laying around willing to spend for basically nothing. Also not needed, speed limits are low here and going 50 kmh more than allowed on the highway -> driver license suspended for at least 2 months. So yes, optics, shy performance mods and sound is what I take

I cringe every time I hit the limiter. It makes ME feel weak...
Yeah it makes you feel weak, but it doesn't make me feel weak

Keep bouncing it off the limiter and find out how to replace the oil pump gears and what ever else gets tore up when the gears go . Beating it like that with the stock gears it's not a matter of IF but more like WHEN they let go. Take a stock gear n drop it n watch it break to pieces.
Thank you but you won't be replacing my opgs, I will when time comes.

I think you need to re-think your treatment of your car lmao. Poor thing...
I think you need to stop thinking about the way I think about my car

You should not own anything with an engine.
Maybe I shouldn't but I do and I beat on it daily be it my little fiesta or his big brother mustang

OP
OP

Yllizh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Metallic 2015 GT
It's set up that way to protect the OPGs. If you want to bounce off of a rev limiter get a bike or a Honda.
It's my decision in what kind of car I want to bounce off the rev limiter but thank you for your suggestion, there's people sitting in the rev limiter all day at 8k rpm, doing pulls like there's no tomorrow and you guys go drama because I hit the stock rev limiter here and there.

The thing about limits is that they aren't there for you to get as close as you can without going over. They're there for you to stay as far away from as possible.

Ok, maybe not with cars.. but it' still solid life advice! For real though, the people who incessantly bounce off the rev limiter at meets are the worst kinds of people. All they're doing is giving a bad name to the scene and attracting negative attention from outsiders and the police.
I know I know but good god please don't think I'm a rev limiter maniac just because I want my rev limiter to sound good for me. People acting like I said I sit in the rev limiter all day and can't drive normal.

I don't go to car meets so I don't know, but I'm surely not the guy everyone in the city hates because I gas it everywhere I go, no not at all, but I like being in the rev limiter a couple of seconds when sliding around.

Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
Get a tune and up your redline to 8K , and bounce it all you want the crowd will enjoy the smoke n fireworks display when she lets go . Hell I'd even enjoy watching that , maybe you can make the next cars n coffee video on you tube

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Just get catless headers and straight pipes and bounce that sucker to assert your dominance over the road

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]_bdZ37j2Mc8[/MEDIA]"]

This is the car for you

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
You ever notice at the strip all the hondas that run with turbos and slicks always bounce of the rev limiter in 1st for like 3-5 seconds before somehow jamming it into second and they do this in every gear and end up running like 16 seconds at 90 mph? I always wonder what is going on with their cars when they do this. It seems to happen all the time though.
Sponsored