Sponsored

Halfshaft leaking at diff case

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Every car on the road will exhibit a little staining in that manner usually around the diff cover, that's not even a leak nor is it any kind of concern. Now if you're dripping on the pavement overnite, yes, that's an issue.

OP
OP
OneFordGT

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Every car on the road will exhibit a little staining in that manner usually around the diff cover, that's not even a leak nor is it any kind of concern. Now if you're dripping on the pavement overnite, yes, that's an issue.
I'm familiar with normal diff seeps. I was just concerned with how fast it came out of the halfshaft seal. Seems to of happened all of a sudden. I have a lift at my house so I've been under it quite a bit and never noticed it. It's good to hear that it's semi normal to have some seeping out. I don't drive the car everyday so I'll see how it looks after anther 500-1000 miles and report back. Thanks for the info VinnAY.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Mine was clean until I took it the track. I put it up to the wheel hop causing the half shafts to bounce and allow a small amount of seepage. Unless it's actually wet, it's not concerning.
Sponsored