Sponsored

Guys, talk some sense into me.

vanguard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco guard
haha cool pics

i'm a city folk - so to me daily driver means only vehicle excluding what work provides

my point was in regards to city driving conditions - if i had a f150 i'd get a miata then
Sponsored

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Crash suvivability is a big misconception these days...larger does not always mean safer.
Exactly. Safety engineering is a huge factor.

Not exactly Miata vs. Greyhound bus, but interesting nonetheless:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]mJ5PcWziXT0[/MEDIA]"]

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
haha cool pics

i'm a city folk - so to me daily driver means only vehicle excluding what work provides

my point was in regards to city driving conditions - if i had a f150 i'd get a miata then
I have two trucks, if I need anything big carried around I've got them. Seriously, my practicality requirements are surprisingly low.

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
While the Miata is a great little roadster. I would take a Fiesta ST over it. Small, light and fun to drive but still keeps the utility that one needs day to day.

Horse Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn
Start at 11:20 if you can't wait.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]QRzXTjQnXmE[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
While the Miata is a great little roadster. I would take a Fiesta ST over it. Small, light and fun to drive but still keeps the utility that one needs day to day.
Yes, my girlfriend drives a fiesta, not the ST. The fiesta is a good little car, but the focus is a much better car. The fiesta is a smaller car than the focus, but it's still just as good. I have a 2013 focus as a second car, so I can carry more. But than you have the mustang. My 67 mustang is slower (I don't know, but I'm taking the guess) than the focus, but the focus is much newer than the mustang. But if you take a new v8 mustang against the miata or a smaller car like the focus or fiesta, its not something to compare. Do you want a 4 door, 4 cylinder hatch or sedan or do you want a 2 door, 8 cylinder coupe. Maybe even you want a dodge challenger or a Ford Falcon, both are v8s, both are sedans. Think what you want. Not what we tell you.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium

2c5s

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
Are you on the Miata board posing a similar question?

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
A Mazda Miata is a death trap. Your worst nightmare is a lifted truck(they never upgrade the brakes to match the larger tires) rear ending you. Literally you will get your skull crushed by their bumper. I would love to drive a Miata around tokyo, not rural NC!
The GT is far from a "Sledgehammer", may not be a scalpel but it is a fine handling car far removed from its past.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Are you on the Miata board posing a similar question?
I joined miata.net and made a total of two posts so far, nothing related to the Miata or the Mustang.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
A Mazda Miata is a death trap. Your worst nightmare is a lifted truck(they never upgrade the brakes to match the larger tires) rear ending you. Literally you will get your skull crushed by their bumper. I would love to drive a Miata around tokyo, not rural NC!
The GT is far from a "Sledgehammer", may not be a scalpel but it is a fine handling car far removed from its past.
Compared to a Miata, it's a sledgehammer. Just for reference, this comparison doesn't really seem to be that far off. I just remembered that I had a friend of mine go from a NC Miata, to a SRT-8 Challenger, to a NA Miata. Not because he couldn't afford the latter two, but because he said the NA Miata was the most fun.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Mom? Is that you?

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB