Sponsored

Guess what? Motortrend favors the Camaro again

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I am just pointing out things because no one appears to know that stuff is posted. 4v made a statement that those things are never said and I wanted to prove that is not the case. If you think posting quotes from another forum is bad you should check out the C6 vs section, lot of vender slander, etc.
If people wanted to see what was being posted over there, they are welcome over there. To be honest, I see less Mustang-hate over there than Camaro-hate over here. It is what it is. Kinda like here in Michigan, I hear more Michigan State alum proclaiming hatred for anything Univ. of Michigan related than the reverse. It exists in both places, just more deep-rooted in one.

When you posted the following clip, which ABSOLUTELY was said, did you notice that the next three posts took him on directly and poked holes in his argument? And one of them is a regular here. And he did not get slaughtered or told to go back to the Mustang forum or that his opinion didn’t count because he drives a Ford. You are giving the impression that everybody on C6 hates Mustangs and is crying in their beer or in complete denial over low sales. None of those things are true. Yes there are some, but there always will be.

"The Camaro will appeal to a smaller segment and will sell less as a result. It's not as practical as a Challenger and the name doesn't resonate as well with the public as the Mustang who's practically isn't much better.

It's more or less a two-seater and the competition is much tougher today. It even competes with the Corvette to some degree. To expect first gen type sales or it to equal the Mustang in numbers is unrealistic.

Would I run out and buy a Mustang or Challenger as a result? Not in a million years. The Challenger is a big ugly Dodge and the Mustang's quality is about as bad as it gets. People are actually planning to buy a Mustang, then 'fix' it via FORD TSBs or the aftermarket. When you're thinking about what you're going to do with the engine and tranny to make them more reliable on a BRAND NEW car, you know it's bad.

The Camaro is a little more expensive, sure, but rightly so. No unreliable rattling engines, vibrating drivelines, early oil leaks, or transmissions made out of lego. Oh and the A/C actually works.

People are too hung-up on sales. Oh, so it doesn't sell as well? So what? Ok, they decide to get rid of it? And? Are you going to cry in a corner, or go out and get one now?

I'll keep mine for at least 5-10 years and after that, I'll worry about what comes next. In the meantime, I'll be looking at Mustangs still in the dealer service bays waiting on parts. And I'll be laughing too. "

YIKES
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Millhouse, I don't even know what you're talking about anymore...

All I hear is more BS from you.

Sorry but I don't search thru their entire site every day like you apparently do.

Why don't YOU beat it. At least he has brought valuable and inside information to the table. What do you do? Curse at people, insult people, and act like your opinion is all that matters? LOL! He is just as welcome here as you, I, and anyone else is. He hasn't done anything against the posted rules of this forum. If you don't like it, then maybe you should be the one to leave.
All I hear is more camaro6 chanting.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
If people wanted to see what was being posted over there, they are welcome over there. To be honest, I see less Mustang-hate over there than Camaro-hate over here. It is what it is. Kinda like here in Michigan, I hear more Michigan State alum proclaiming hatred for anything Univ. of Michigan related than the reverse. It exists in both places, just more deep-rooted in one.

When you posted the following clip, which ABSOLUTELY was said, did you notice that the next three posts took him on directly and poked holes in his argument? And one of them is a regular here. And he did not get slaughtered or told to go back to the Mustang forum or that his opinion didn’t count because he drives a Ford. You are giving the impression that everybody on C6 hates Mustangs and is crying in their beer or in complete denial over low sales. None of those things are true. Yes there are some, but there always will be.
I post quotes, etc because not everyone goes on there. I posted the stuff I did because 4v made a statement I knew was not true as people say those things all the time (and the posts are funny as hell). The sales threads are normally pretty funny and always a good laugh. I disagree with a lot of the Camaro stuff posted on here and if you think I am anti Camaro you can laugh through my post history. I just dislike when people who make up lies and spread it like a cancer (ie blaqhole).

Also the people who "took on" torques post are some of the only people there have anything positive to say about the Mustang to begin with and are not super biased. Now if it were the regulars who constantly complain about the Mustang then I would agree with your post but they would never disagree with torque. No one called out MESDIEN for the crazy posts they made or drew peacock celebrating blown engines or blaq slandering venders, lying about fast lists and overall creating #fakenews.

I don't care if Camaro peeps are on here but if people are just going to constantly complain about the Mustang and how much they dislike the forum then why be here. At least from what I have seen on Camaro6 (I like looking at builds, etc) finding anything positive about the Mustang on there is very hard. There seems to be respect for Dodge but Ford is a mortal enemy. I guess I'm too young to understand the Ford-Chevy rivalry :lol:

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Well, it’s not like you can have a debate or conversation on the subject on that site without getting banned for not being enough of a Camaro enthusiast.
I give them a fair amount of shit and don't get threatened with being banned. You have to remain respectful and at least have a constructive argument. If you go over there and trash their car of choice expect to be asked to leave. The Mustang and Camaro are both great performance cars with their own set of flaws... trashing either one is silly.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I give them a fair amount of shit and don't get threatened with being banned. You have to remain respectful and at least have a constructive argument. If you go over there and trash their car of choice expect to be asked to leave. The Mustang and Camaro are both great performance cars with their own set of flaws... trashing either one is silly.
Go read my posts over there and tell me what I did to get banned years ago.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Maybe they were more sensitive back then. I've been banned from Mustang forums and this is my 7th Mustang.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Dont feel bad. They banned me years ago. And I owned a Camaro SS at the time. You gotta drink the coolaid like 4v did. Or your on shaky ground. I don’t know how fastcarfanboy has made it so long. Must need one token Mustang guy?:D

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I post quotes, etc because not everyone goes on there. I posted the stuff I did because 4v made a statement I knew was not true as people say those things all the time (and the posts are funny as hell). The sales threads are normally pretty funny and always a good laugh. I disagree with a lot of the Camaro stuff posted on here and if you think I am anti Camaro you can laugh through my post history. I just dislike when people who make up lies and spread it like a cancer (ie blaqhole).

Also the people who "took on" torques post are some of the only people there have anything positive to say about the Mustang to begin with and are not super biased. Now if it were the regulars who constantly complain about the Mustang then I would agree with your post but they would never disagree with torque. No one called out MESDIEN for the crazy posts they made or drew peacock celebrating blown engines or blaq slandering venders, lying about fast lists and overall creating #fakenews.

I don't care if Camaro peeps are on here but if people are just going to constantly complain about the Mustang and how much they dislike the forum then why be here. At least from what I have seen on Camaro6 (I like looking at builds, etc) finding anything positive about the Mustang on there is very hard. There seems to be respect for Dodge but Ford is a mortal enemy. I guess I'm too young to understand the Ford-Chevy rivalry :lol:
I’m guessing that by MESDIEN you mean MEDISIN and his posts about retail sales versus fleet sales and ATP numbers. Thing is, his numbers are correct. I’m guessing that he has access to R.L. Polk registration numbers to get the retail / fleet breakdown AND J.D. Power PIN data to get the average transaction price data. When I was at GM I had access to both. With my current job I have even better access to R.L. Polk registration data, but I no longer have access to PIN. Someone on the job told me there is a way to get to ATP in R.L. Polk data, but I haven’t found it yet.

I’ve noticed that a lot of guys here like to argue with him about whether his numbers are accurate. That really should never be the question. They are. The real question is “what does it mean and to whom?” It would mean different things to people considering buying either car (ie - nothing) than to people making investment decision and decisions on whether there will be a next gen of either car (ie - primary importance).

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Oh yeah lol its a weird name. My favorite post they made was where they said people were buying the Mustang because they were impoverished and could not afford the Camaro.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Dont feel bad. They banned me years ago. And I owned a Camaro SS at the time. You gotta drink the coolaid like 4v did. Or your on shaky ground. I don’t know how fastcarfanboy has made it so long. Must need one token Mustang guy?:D
Gotta have one punching bag around :headbonk:

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Wrong about what?

And I stand by what I said over here. Unless you can answer what BlueBeast couldn't. Can you? Can you tell me exactly how well or how bad they are doing based off sales alone?

Another question, which one of us was the one who wrote off a 2 paragraph reply on exactly why Camaro sales aren't good? So what exactly are you bragging to me about and calling me out for? Camaro sales are low because GM doesn't offer their dealerships enough incentives to push the car. Therefore the dealerships and salespeople are not aggressively pushing the car. They aren't offering test drives, they don't let people take the car home for a couple days or a weekend like Ford does with the Mustang, they aren't polite and are sometimes downright rude to customers, and a host of other reasons. I said all of this before. To me, it seems like GM has made a lame approach to pushing the Camaro. They offered conquest rebates and that was it. But they aren't advertising or promoting it like they should. It's almost like they don't really care. Maybe they don't.

Bro... not sure where you live, but in Detroit the Salesman won't let you leave the lot without offering you every incentive in the book, if you just happen to get out of your car and start window shopping.

They have Camaros sitting on the lots and want them sold... bcz they are not selling.

Try it, You and a friend show up without a Camaro and act interested. You do not even have to step inside and see the Manager, or Finance Manager for a deal... the damn salesman is offering up incentive as he is talking to you.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah lol its a weird name. My favorite post they made was where they said people were buying the Mustang because they were impoverished and could not afford the Camaro.
I like that one. I hope my broke ass can afford a GT500 next year. But it’s hard out here for a pimp.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

120943249.jpg

;)