Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Ive heard about it also, all I can say is be careful I remember living back in the NE area it was interesting hitting the road with summer performance tires. I say take it very very slow get to your residence and either have it sit or swap the tires to some quality snow tires for now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
O-H-5-0

O-H-5-0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350; 2016 F-150
Yeah the plan was to get another set of tires, but was trying to wait until at least fall. I drove the 94 with summer only tires and never had a problem aside from less traction (never in the snow obviously). I'll be somewhat babying it anyway as I adjust to the heavier, but much more powerful car.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Yeah the plan was to get another set of tires, but was trying to wait until at least fall. I drove the 94 with summer only tires and never had a problem aside from less traction (never in the snow obviously). I'll be somewhat babying it anyway as I adjust to the heavier, but much more powerful car.
Ya I mean you should be fine, Only thing I say is check the tires before you step into drive just to make sure, this weather this year has been super drastic and insane so its causing things to happen that shouldn't happen.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
When I picked mine up back in early December it was in the upper 30s, and it was pretty easy to break the rears loose. I immediately went and put on some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s and these tires have much better grip, at least the do in the cold. BTW, while I was at the car wash a couple weeks ago there was a 911 waiting in the line next to me and it had P-Zero's and they were cracked pretty badly... but they were not large cracks like those Goodyear's earlier in the thread. The cracks were all very small but there were a lot more of them.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Drove my car in 4F° today. Needless to say traction is lacking and the diff is grumpy. I've never seen a summer tire crack in cold weather in all my years in all the sports cars I've driven or been in.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The summer tires they put on the C7 will crack @ 15 degrees . There's a lot sitting @ the bowling green plant and can't be moved because of cold weather.
I don't have summer tires on my car cause it's a daily driver and auto trans. The weather can and has gotten down to 15 degrees in north Atlanta sometimes.

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
So is it cheaper to get the PP and only use these wheels for summer or is it more cost efficient to skip the PP being that you wont need to keep swapping tires?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
or you can sell your pp tires for 600 and get a good set of UHP A/S tires like i did (yokohama advan sport a/s)
Sponsored