gt500 style hood for gt

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
im in Australia and fitted a Cervini f/glass one the fit and finish is excellent their customer service is great of course by the time it arrives here and i painted it its about 3 times the cost you would pay there but overall im very happy with it
not great pics but you get the general idea
cheers from Aus Dave

IMG20230127135206.jpg

IMG20230702171037.jpg
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
thankyou i forgot to add they told me to use their hood struts due to different weight i presume pity as i had a new set of ford perf i had bought
also i used aftermarket clips for the washer lines
cheers Dave

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, let's page @JustSomeGuy and see if he's around. He has the same hood I do and maybe he can tell you a little bit more about his experience as a US customer of Vicrez.

Of note; he's also the guy who did me a solid and shipped me a hood pin lol

There are a couple of players in the game for fibreglass and carbon fibre however only 1 or 2 for metal so your options are limited depending on what you want.
Hey, what’s up guys. I haven’t been on here in a long time, just so happened to check today…

At any rate, I drove to Vicrez to pick up my hood in person. I called ahead to make sure they had received the shipment and I was good to pick it up and they said yea. When I got there they were not ready yet and I ended up waiting a bit but they got my hood as quickly as they could. I was VERY happy with the finished product. Fit and finish were great, I love the hood.

However, the hood pins being little pieces of plastic you stick on is bullshit, so I got real hood pins and they DONT work because of the angle of the hood. I do not like this.

I will likely end up with a carbon hood at some point…

Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
thankyou i forgot to add they told me to use their hood struts due to different weight i presume pity as i had a new set of ford perf i had bought
also i used aftermarket clips for the washer lines
cheers Dave
I have ford performance Hood struts with no problem

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
you have different brand and style mine is fibreglass
i went by what cervini said still have the new ford ones here i will prob adapt them to one of my old hotrods :)
i used my deck one on the hood/bonnet on ford on left in pic
pilot.jpg

Last edited:

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I will say, I'm also looking at the Vicrez ones because the pics of the guys who have it look the most like the real gt500 hood. Im a little worried hearing people's stories of getting them damaged though. But, you can get it through Amazon so i wonder if returns would be as simple as anything else on Amazon lol.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I will say, I'm also looking at the Vicrez ones because the pics of the guys who have it look the most like the real gt500 hood. Im a little worried hearing people's stories of getting them damaged though. But, you can get it through Amazon so i wonder if returns would be as simple as anything else on Amazon lol.
LOL show up to an Amazon return at Kohls with a giant hood

OP
OP
Whitewalkers550

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
Hey, what’s up guys. I haven’t been on here in a long time, just so happened to check today…

At any rate, I drove to Vicrez to pick up my hood in person. I called ahead to make sure they had received the shipment and I was good to pick it up and they said yea. When I got there they were not ready yet and I ended up waiting a bit but they got my hood as quickly as they could. I was VERY happy with the finished product. Fit and finish were great, I love the hood.

However, the hood pins being little pieces of plastic you stick on is bullshit, so I got real hood pins and they DONT work because of the angle of the hood. I do not like this.

I will likely end up with a carbon hood at some point…
so real ones from quick latch don’t work at all? Glad I’m seeing this before ordering it all because I was def ordering the hood latches from quick latch as well

Sponsored
OP
OP
Whitewalkers550

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I have the vicrez GT500 Hood and I'm very happy with it and fits great
Screenshot_20220608-205148_Gallery_remastered_resized.jpg
looks awesome, are those real hood pins or the stick on ones?

OP
OP
Whitewalkers550

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
@JustSomeGuy from your profile picture looks like you have 18+, i wonder if the 17 hood the pins will work due to less angle we have than yalls