Gt500 bumper

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
Hey guys so I was originally gonna just buy a new grill and splitter for the stock bumper and then I realized the gt500 one won’t be too much more and accomplished both of those things while looking a bit less stock What is the best gt500 bumper to get for a 2019 mustang Gt taking into account price, easy instillation, quality, and how it looks. And for those of you that have done it how hard is it to install and how does the fitment look?
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
yeah I looked into it and your gonna spend at least 1500. the 1000 dollar bumpers do not come painted and its gonna be 500 to 1500 to paint depending on color. you are way cheaper to do a grill and spliter. I talked to guy who had one ordered painted and put on and he said if he was aware of the overall cost at first he wouldn't have done it.

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
yeah I looked into it and your gonna spend at least 1500. the 1000 dollar bumpers do not come painted and its gonna be 500 to 1500 to paint depending on color. you are way cheaper to do a grill and spliter. I talked to guy who had one ordered painted and put on and he said if he was aware of the overall cost at first he wouldn't have done it.
Yeah I mean I’m planning to spend 800$ on the grill and splitter and I have a guy I’m close with that will paint the bumper for around 300$ so I’m just wondering if the besides price if there is any drawbacks or if there’s a bumper that’s less than 1,000$ that’s equally as good stuff like that

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yeah I mean I’m planning to spend 800$ on the grill and splitter and I have a guy I’m close with that will paint the bumper for around 300$ so I’m just wondering if the besides price if there is any drawbacks or if there’s a bumper that’s less than 1,000$ that’s equally as good stuff like that
Ah got ya. no from what I have heard everyone who gets them likes them. they are suppose to be direct fit. We have a guy who has one around here and he says he gets lot of trash talk accusing him of trying to pass his car off as a 500... which was another reason I didn't get one did not want to here the haters running their mouths. But from what I have seen and people have said they all look good and fit perfect. IM sure its like anything else. 40 people selling one but they are all made in the same factory in china but claiming theirs is different :) best of luck.

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Ah got ya. no from what I have heard everyone who gets them likes them. they are suppose to be direct fit. We have a guy who has one around here and he says he gets lot of trash talk accusing him of trying to pass his car off as a 500... which was another reason I didn't get one did not want to here the haters running their mouths. But from what I have seen and people have said they all look good and fit perfect. IM sure its like anything else. 40 people selling one but they are all made in the same factory in china but claiming theirs is different :) best of luck.
Alright thanks man I’ll j do some research and figure it out I’m prolly a while away from getting on bc I wanna get a wrap first but eventually I’ll figure something out :)

Sponsored

PonyBoyee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium OW
Vehicle Showcase
I have been considering the GT500 bumper conversion for my '17 GT, but absolutely do not want any Shelby badging anywhere. I was looking at a picture of the IKON kit and it appears to have SHELBY on splitter. I have also seen bumper badging on some.

Can anyone suggest a brand that is "clean"?

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
I have been considering the GT500 bumper conversion for my '17 GT, but absolutely do not want any Shelby badging anywhere. I was looking at a picture of the IKON kit and it appears to have SHELBY on splitter. I have also seen bumper badging on some.

Try here. They will respond to inquiries.

777 Performance

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

someone told me if you call ikon you can get one with out the badging and also they can paint them to but have to call them. is what I was told anyway :), But i never called because half my town has done the conversion and I changed my mind so many people are doing it I didnt want to be just another me too. although now if you need as replacement oem bumper they are everywhere for sale LOL

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
someone told me if you call ikon you can get one with out the badging and also they can paint them to but have to call them. is what I was told anyway :), But i never called because half my town has done the conversion and I changed my mind so many people are doing it I didnt want to be just another me too. although now if you need as replacement oem bumper they are everywhere for sale LOL
I see your point but then again, when everyone bought their Mustangs new we all have the SAME bumper at that time. However, I think $1200 for a $500 bumper is a bit much. I am waiting for the demand to die down and so will the price.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I see your point but then again, when everyone bought their Mustangs new we all have the SAME bumper at that time. However, I think $1200 for a $500 bumper is a bit much. I am waiting for the demand to die down and so will the price.
Yeah I hear ya. But I like different mods to stand out. If everyone's getting same mod then eh...

Sponsored

PonyBoyee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium OW
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I hear ya. But I like different mods to stand out. If everyone's getting same mod then eh...
Yeah I hear ya. But I'm doing it for myself...for that split sec I walk out the front door of my office after 8 hours and see that bad-ass GT500 front end growling at me to rip up the 405 ;-)

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
I went with the i5Autohaus bumper. They offer pre-painted bumpers. After checking with some people who had them do it I did the same and I'm definitely happy. Fitment is on point. a couple very small paint imperfections at the fender but overall Im very happy with their work. $1550 for eveything and was able to install right out the box
PicsArt-10-28-01.04.18.JPG

PicsArt-10-18-08.48.41.JPG

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2

Vicrez does not have badging
Sponsored