Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
@BmacIL do you know the free and installed heights of the GT350 springs?
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. But what is important to me, more so, are the installed heights.

Do we know them?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Do we know them?
Unfortunately no, I'll try and find out, though. I know the front and rear lowering compared to the standard car is 10 mm for the GT350, and approx. 22 mm for the GT350R. You might be able to figure it out based on your springs' free & installed heights relative to the Shelby springs, and the known lowering.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Yes I can reverse engineer it and be close.

I was just curious if there was hard data out there for the GT350 specifically.

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Do we know them?
I'll be getting my R springs soon. I can measure the regular ones that I have in my GT350 before I remove them and then measure the R ones once installed.

I guess a digital caliper will be the best way to measure them while on the car?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be getting my R springs soon. I can measure the regular ones that I have in my GT350 before I remove them and then measure the R ones once installed.

I guess a digital caliper will be the best way to measure them while on the car?
It'll be challenging, since the springs are sitting in the seats at both ends.

The real way to measure the rears at least would be to measure the wheel position and spring height with the car jacked up, relative to the wheel position at ride height. The spring is compressed a little bit with the IRS cradle fully secured, so you can take that measurement and subtract from the free height. Since we know the motion ratios, we can then figure out the compressed length at ride height.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It'll be challenging, since the springs are sitting in the seats at both ends.

The real way to measure the rears at least would be to measure the wheel position and spring height with the car jacked up, relative to the wheel position at ride height. The spring is compressed a little bit with the IRS cradle fully secured, so you can take that measurement and subtract from the free height. Since we know the motion ratios, we can then figure out the compressed length at ride height.
That's works I can do that

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
OD is the same as the PP bar, so the existing bushings & brackets will work (if you have the PP ones).
Do you happen to have the PN of the PP brackets and bushings? Do you need the arms too or can you use the base GT arms?

And lastly, who sells the aftermarket clamps to stop the bar from moving horizontally?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to have the PN of the PP brackets and bushings? Do you need the arms too or can you use the base GT arms?

And lastly, who sells the aftermarket clamps to stop the bar from moving horizontally?
You don't need clamps for the stock bar. I don't know the part numbers but you can easily find them on any of the popular ford parts online stores. You can use the links you have, they are the same.

Sponsored

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Went ahead and made my order. GT350/PP struts and shocks and GT350R front springs and FR mounts. $607 was the total price and you can do it cheaper of course by reusing the factory mounts or finding them cheaper. I've done it many times over and just wanna make it a simple swap job this time around.

Now I just need to decide on rear spring, SP088 or SP082? Hmmmmm......

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Went ahead and made my order. GT350/PP struts and shocks and GT350R front springs and FR mounts. $607 was the total price and you can do it cheaper of course by reusing the factory mounts or finding them cheaper. I've done it many times over and just wanna make it a simple swap job this time around.

Now I just need to decide on rear spring, SP088 or SP082? Hmmmmm......
This.

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The rear lower control arms are NOT identical. The spring pockets on the right side are mirrored on the GT350 vs. being the same left and right on the standard car. The rear springs for the GT350 are wound in opposite directions left and right, vs. the same direction on the standard car. This is why you have to use two left springs if you want to use GT350 rears. The shock mounting to the arm is also quite different on the GT350.
:doh: You are right, the lower control arms are mirrored in the GT350. The screenshots only show the left side!. Thanks for correcting my misinformation. Two left springs are in my future ;)

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Boom. Man I love coming home to boxes, it's like Christmas. Hopefully will get these installed over the weekend.

30916804722_e02b7c856e_c.jpg