GT350R Flat and Repair Kit

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
600 miles on her, picked it up today from the shop with the new shifter, Ford performance catch cans, suspension control module, rear seat install. Drove it about 160 miles on the long way home. 4 miles from home the TPMS pops up. Pressure in right front dropping fast. No way I can make it home. Used the OEM repair kit but a friend of mine came down and he used a plug repair kit. It was on the tread and not the side wall. A couple of questions.

1. Do you have to replace the OEM compressor and sealant after each use?
2. How many uses can one get?
3. I see an expiration date on the sealant, is there a way to replace the slant cartridge or do you have to replace the whole unit - I think I know the answer here...
4. With the Pilot Sport tires, would you drive on a plug for long or replace the tire.

Guess I didn't wait for the Colorado front range roads to clear from winter junk. At least I made it home.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have heard the repair kit is not good for the TPMS sensor. It is my understanding that the kit is just a "fix a flat" that puts a sealant into the tire. Have the tire removed by a qualified shop with a touchless machine and either patch (no plug) or replace the tire. If you track the car, opt for the new tire.

I believe the repair kit is a one time use item.

I'm looking for a spare, several options are available, but they are not cheap.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I would patch and plug it assume is safe to do and you are not going to track the tire.