Sponsored

GT350R at Road & Track Performance Car of the Year (Updated: Winner!)

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
So those times don't bother you? I know you were stuck on 1/4 times.
No not @ all because I know 3.9 and 11.9 will follow once The hot shoes get their hands on one. Performance car of the year ....hell I won't even miss my Ford GT anymore. I'm glad I bought one and it gets built this Wednesday.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm excited about the GT350R being selected performance car of the year. With that said they are only building that car in the hundreds not thousands. Most of us will get one of the regular GT350 variants. I'm sure the hype of the R will extend to those cars, but it's still not the R. Hopefully we'll get more comparison reviews with the regular GT350. Straight-line performance still blows. I know, I know...track car...

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No not @ all because I know 3.9 and 11.9 will follow once The hot shoes get their hands on one. Performance car of the year ....hell I won't even miss my Ford GT anymore. I'm glad I bought one and it gets built this Wednesday.
Won't miss the Ford GT?! Cmon man...:cheers:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'm excited about the GT350R being selected performance car of the year. With that said they are only building that car in the hundreds not thousands. Most of us will get one of the regular GT350 variants. I'm sure the hype of the R will extend to those cars, but it's still not the R. Hopefully we'll get more comparison reviews with the regular GT350. Straight-line performance still blows. I know, I know...track car...
why does it blow? What are you expecting 3.5 seconds from 0-60? 11.5@125mph in the quarter?

Look at their 60' time, 2.1 seconds on those big, wide sticky tires. That sucks.

Or are you upset that the 2016 Camaro SS with the A8 runs about these times but less MPH in the quarter? I bet this is the real reason.....

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Saaaaaawwwweeeeeeeetttttt holy Jesus yes!!!! Praise God! That is one heckuva car!

Does anyone have the official final copy read on the Z06? Did it make it through? Would be nice to see why they parked it to the side in the photo.

That front cover looks like a yellow Lifhtning McQueen smile!!! Booyah!!!
The article also shows the Shelby all the way in the back... the sleeper, the winner even if it didn't have the fastest lap time. ;)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27194/road-track-2016-performance-car-of-the-year/
landscape-1446771085-roa120115fea-pcoty.jpg

Sponsored

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
why does it blow? What are you expecting 3.5 seconds from 0-60? 11.5@125mph in the quarter?

Look at their 60' time, 2.1 seconds on those big, wide sticky tires. That sucks.

Or are you upset that the 2016 Camaro SS with the A8 runs about these times but less MPH in the quarter? I bet this is the real reason.....
Where did you see the 60ft time?

These will go 11s easy with better drivers, seems with that power band it'd take some practice to get the times down.

Can't wait to see what some tuned/bolt on cars do, bottom 11s easy

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Where did you see the 60ft time?

These will go 11s easy with better drivers, seems with that power band it'd take some practice to get the times down.

Can't wait to see what some tuned/bolt on cars do, bottom 11s easy
I agree on the easy 11's. It is in the middle right part of the performance pic that was posted.
gt350r.jpg

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I don't know why everyone is so hung up on that 0-60 and 1/4. The car was not built for that purpose. If you buy one to take to the drag strip you're doing it wrong in my opinion. I don't know of anyone that builds a car as a dual purpose track/quarter mile car. It's one or the other. And there is probably only a handful of people buying that car that are good enough to cut the same times they did. Never mind better. So if people are looking for bragging rights I would say winning performance car of the year is a good place to start. So if you are one of the lucky ones that will be getting any version of the GT350 it's clear you're getting an amazing machine at an even better price. And all you have to do is enjoy the hell out of it for the rest of us that can't get one. Cheers!

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Does anyone have the official final copy read on the Z06? Did it make it through? Would be nice to see why they parked it to the side in the photo.
The Z06 made it through the whole test without problems, although the article noted that both the Z06 and the GT 350R ran hot. (Although I do find it ironic that the track testing was held a couple of blocks from the Corvette assembly plant, where there was an unlimited supply of replacement parts for whatever broke on the Z06.) :lol:

As far as the photos go, don't overanalyze them. They were chosen by the art director purely because they were the prettiest ones - like the Bentley three-wheeling through a corner. :eyebulge:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Honestly man, it sounds like this isnt the car for you. Stick with your GT500 and save yourself some coin/angst.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
I don't know why everyone is so hung up on that 0-60 and 1/4. The car was not built for that purpose. If you buy one to take to the drag strip you're doing it wrong in my opinion. I don't know of anyone that builds a car as a dual purpose track/quarter mile car. It's one or the other. And there is probably only a handful of people buying that car that are good enough to cut the same times they did. Never mind better. So if people are looking for bragging rights I would say winning performance car of the year is a good place to start. So if you are one of the lucky ones that will be getting any version of the GT350 it's clear you're getting an amazing machine at an even better price. And all you have to do is enjoy the hell out of it for the rest of us that can't get one. Cheers!
It wasn't, but in real world encounters, that's the main form of race that will occur. People are a little concerned about the point and shoot A8 '16 Camaro I guess, which is quicker than the 580 HP ZL1.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
"magical V-8 that brings the caviar thrills of 8250-rpm performance to a beer-and-burgers demographic. "

lol - and sorta true.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Honestly man, it sounds like this isnt the car for you. Stick with your GT500 and save yourself some coin/angst.
I liked my Boss 302 better...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
He could just take the VooDoo out and swap in a Trinity...:doh:
Sponsored