GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Has anyone done this?

I want to do this set up with my Roush axlebacks.

I either need to find someone with GT350 mid pipes or I'll use the magnaflow True-X and generic resonators.

It should sound aggressive but not race car.
Sponsored

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Honestly, you're not going to be too far from just throwing an X-pipe on it.

I was in the same position as you until I decided just to go ahead with an H-Pipe to see how it comes out... loved every minute of it.

I'm counting the days until I can pull my car from storage just to hear a cold start, or echoes while driving through the streets of Toronto..

[ame]

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
Hey,

I have the Roush Axlebacks as well and I absolutely love the sound. However, I do want to add some volume and increase the classic muscle car sound. From research I have done, adding an H-Pipe with generic resonators in addition to the roush will give me the sound I am looking for.

H-Pipe plus the roush is too loud for my application as my GT is a DD. I have read that adding H plus the generic resonators will give a deeper tone.

Just my 2 cents, if you go through with this set-up let me know how it goes!

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you add small, "bullet" style resonators it will quite it down a bit but it changes the tone as you go through the rev band.

From 1000-2500 it's sounds normal, and from 2500-4000 it's a little quieter and from 4000 upwards it's a "hollow". It's really weird, the resonators change the whole tone of it.

I ended up cutting out the resonators all together and welding the h pipe tubings back in.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Just installed the Ford Racing X Pipe...Wow.

Sponsored

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Just installed the Ford Racing X Pipe...Wow.
Yeah I am willing to bet it's as loud as my X pipe and Flowmaster super 10s. What's inside the roush mufflers? The flowmasters have just two bent pieces of metal.

Is the cold start of your combo retarded loud? I might be looking to replace my setup but not sure how I want to do it yet.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Yeah I am willing to bet it's as loud as my X pipe and Flowmaster super 10s. What's inside the roush mufflers? The flowmasters have just two bent pieces of metal.

Is the cold start of your combo retarded loud? I might be looking to replace my setup but not sure how I want to do it yet.
Apparently the Roush AB with Ford Racing X Pipe is the loudest combo on the market.

The Roush AB is a straight through resonated round muffler. At the front and rear it has two cut out rings which allow the exhaust to flow into the packing material, when you accelerate heavily it will pass straight through.

I just put it on today and haven't done a cold start yet but I am betting it is going to be. I have 3 weeks left at my current apartment complex then I will be moving close to work and will be garaging my car except for weekends.

The most surprising thing is that when you aren't getting on it there is not huge different pre/post x pipe.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Hey,

I have the Roush Axlebacks as well and I absolutely love the sound. However, I do want to add some volume and increase the classic muscle car sound. From research I have done, adding an H-Pipe with generic resonators in addition to the roush will give me the sound I am looking for.

H-Pipe plus the roush is too loud for my application as my GT is a DD. I have read that adding H plus the generic resonators will give a deeper tone.

Just my 2 cents, if you go through with this set-up let me know how it goes!
+1, though I kind of prefer the sound of X-pipes based on experience with my 94 GT! But I too would like to try a more mildly resonated mid-pipe to go with my Roush AB.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's hard to say how loud it is, but the first time you hear it, it will catch you by surprise for sure. Not something I'd want to turn on at 3am, but I get by with 8am cold starts with no neighbours complaining...

dink32788

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic PP Mustang GT
I have the SLP LM1 and an Xpipe... It's super freaking loud. I live in an apartment complex and they aren't happy. I don't daily it, so when I start it up its not at 4am for work lol
Sponsored