OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
And if he's an amazing driver he will avoid excessive wheelspin. You can only hook up 789 rear wheel HP at very high speeds, on prepared surfaces, with non-street tires or some combination thereof.

And he has to shift. And the GT350 gearing isn't the greatest for fast launches.

So if the two drivers are equal and they start from 0 or a low speed the GT500 will tend to win every time. Unless you are doing a roll race from 60 mph or something, then the GT350 will probably win. At high speed, driver skill won't come into play and traction will be less of a factor.

I agree on the traction issue as its a constant battle to regulate wheel spin from 0-60. Im curious as to why you think the gt500 won't suffer the same dilemma.

I haven't driven a gt500 so I can't comment thru experience but in automatics I have driven, wheel spin often triggers an upshift (in auto mode) and pedalling for traction can confuse the transmission (maybe not an issue with the dct...?) which is all the more reason I think you'd be more apt to leave the TC on.... meaning you won't see full power until likely the second half of the quarter.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree on the traction issue as its a constant battle to regulate wheel spin from 0-60. Im curious as to why you think the gt500 won't suffer the same dilemma.

I haven't driven a gt500 so I can't comment thru experience but in automatics I have driven, wheel spin often triggers an upshift (in auto mode) and pedalling for traction can confuse the transmission (maybe not an issue with the dct...?) which is all the more reason I think you'd be more apt to leave the TC on.... meaning you won't see full power until likely the second half of the quarter.
The reviews I've seen of the GT500 say that it hooks amazingly well. I believe that Ford set 0-60 and 1/4 mile times as very high priorities for the car - and they were successful.

Hennessey"R"

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura TSX, 2014 Acura MDX, 2017 GT350R
Interesting thread! I would like to see the results!

And on the Hennessey’s, all their packages are HP at the crank. On the HPE850 they are guaranteeing you will get at least 850 at the crank for that package. Ever dyno sheet I’ve seen for the HPE850’s is different cause every car is different by a little. Mine dynoed 775 at the wheels when they did mine.

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
unfortunately with the weather here we won't be doing this for at least a month. I won't pull my car out until the roads are clean and it warms up.. on cold spring pavement the tires break loose (like right loose) at 140kmh (thats 90mph for my American buds) scary as hell.
When we do line up I'm sure someone will take a video that I'll post.

Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of racing will you and him be doing?? Drag, roll, maybe something with some turns???

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
What kind of racing will you and him be doing?? Drag, roll, maybe something with some turns???
Here's some straights and turns (full disclaimer - not an apples to apples comparison) :

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Here's some straights and turns (full disclaimer - not an apples to apples comparison) :
Looks like he had more power and less driver. I'm annoyed by drivers that think they don't need to give a point-by because they can pull on the straight. He did the same to the Porsche at the end.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Looks like he had more power and less driver. I'm annoyed by drivers that think they don't need to give a point-by because they can pull on the straight. He did the same to the Porsche at the end.
All driver. I agree best to give a point by but, I hade some do the same. Its is fun to harrass them some times
Sponsored