Sponsored

GT350 Steering wheel

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Agreed, my mkv wheel was about as perfect as a wheel gets. The mk6 had more buttons, the 5 had just what you needed and it was a membrane button, not an actual button.

For could take a lesson from vw and their steering wheel guys.
I just hate how big our wheels are + how skinny they are. Also, no real notches in 10-2 position pisses me off + NO FLAT BOTTOM!!. BAH! I really hoped the GT350 wheel would be able to solve most of these issues, guess not :(
Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD

Redsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I wonder if the GT500 when that comes out will have a thicker wheel... Prob not tho

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Coming from a mk6 GTI and the mustang wheel is absolute TRASH.
I see that Im not the only one that misses the MK6 steering wheel :cheers:

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looks like you'll need to get new aluminum trim pieces (the bottom one would be shorter with the flat spot right?). And looks like the trim is the toned down (not so shiny silver) theme they put in the GT350 interior. Just speculating but that might entail replacing all 3 of them so at least the ones on the wheel match.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I just hate how big our wheels are + how skinny they are. Also, no real notches in 10-2 position pisses me off + NO FLAT BOTTOM!!. BAH! I really hoped the GT350 wheel would be able to solve most of these issues, guess not :(
The bottom half is FLAT and thicker from the 4 to 8 o'clock position.That part is leather while the rest is alcantra- definitely a much nicer wheel than the GT wheel!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Looks like you'll need to get new aluminum trim pieces (the bottom one would be shorter with the flat spot right?). And looks like the trim is the toned down (not so shiny silver) theme they put in the GT350 interior. Just speculating but that might entail replacing all 3 of them so at least the ones on the wheel match.
All the pieces transfer over to the new GT350 wheel. There is no modification that is needed according to Sock.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
huh?

and there is a flat bottom...
Referring to STOCK wheel. and the GT350 wheel is not a complete flat bottom... its not even close to being a full flat bottom lol...

Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hearing mixed opinions, some people are saying its about stock, others saying its slightly thicker. Would love to hear a definite measurable difference between the two wheels.

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Hearing mixed opinions, some people are saying its about stock, others saying its slightly thicker. Would love to hear a definite measurable difference between the two wheels.
Could someone post the two on top of eachother, with some shots, along with measuring the diameter of some sections with a flexible measuring tape?

:thumbsup:

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I probably won't do any of that, LOL.

If I remember I might take a side by side picture, but that will be about the extent of it.

To me, it does feel a tad thicker though.