Sponsored

GT350 Steering wheel

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I hate Alcantara. I installed the wheel and I feel like a gecko with sticky hands. Oh well, maybe I'll get used to it.
Redline can do it .
You can estimate the cost on their website based on the GT wheel cost.
I just had my OEM wheel padded with blue stiching and will take side by side pictures with my uninstalled GT 350 wheel when I get it back this week.

IIRC it was about $370 plus including cost of installation of the padding/wrap.

I was considering sending a GT 350 wheel (I have one installed and another in the box ) if I like it .

I had asked them if they could just rewrap the alcantara part to make it thicker but they had said they would have to redo everything .

I have a GT 350 wheel on my base car and the OEM wheel locally padded on my Premium car .
The one I had done locally is a little too thick and a little rough around the edges but to be honest when I drive the cars back to back I much prefer the thicker wheel to the GT 350 wheel which is only thick at the bottom.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Does anyone know what it would cost to have a normal GT350 Wheel recovered in leather and use red stitching and the red leather stripe? I'm curious.. I'm not a fan of Alcantara..
I hate Alcantara. I installed the wheel and I feel like a gecko with sticky hands. Oh well, maybe I'll get used to it.
You guys are crazy. That grip is awesome.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Redline can do it .
You can estimate the cost on their website based on the GT wheel cost.
I just had my OEM wheel padded with blue stiching and will take side by side pictures with my uninstalled GT 350 wheel when I get it back this week.

IIRC it was about $370 plus including cost of installation of the padding/wrap.

I was considering sending a GT 350 wheel (I have one installed and another in the box ) if I like it .

I had asked them if they could just rewrap the alcantara part to make it thicker but they had said they would have to redo everything .

I have a GT 350 wheel on my base car and the OEM wheel locally padded on my Premium car .
The one I had done locally is a little too thick and a little rough around the edges but to be honest when I drive the cars back to back I much prefer the thicker wheel to the GT 350 wheel which is only thick at the bottom.
I'm not interested in extra padding as the wheel looks fine as is. I look forward to seeing yours though. It's always cool seeing what people do with their cars .

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
So I just wanted to clarify the top of the 350R is about 1mm thicker in diameter from top to bottom and forward to aft (the battery in my digital caliper is dead unfortunately to give exact measurements, have to use the old fashion way by using these things called eyes lol). Using a cheapy flexible tape measure it's just shy of 2mm thicker in circumference. It's enough to visually see and feel but probably doesn't make that much of a difference. I didn't measure the red leather strip as that is obviously thicker than the main portion of the wheel.

I haven't really taking any other measurements. The rest of the wheel certainly looks thicker. I'll take some more measurements once I put the wheel on later today when it warms up :)

Last edited:

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This is my problem as well. I love the flat bottom and the stripe... But Alcantara makes me feel physically sick to touch. Call it OCD, call it a phobia, I just hate the stuff.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Luckily for you guys unhappy with the wheel, put it for sale here or on ebay at a reasonable price and it'll sell very fast.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Luckily for you guys unhappy with the wheel, put it for sale here or on ebay at a reasonable price and it'll sell very fast.

Lightning fast lol

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Just received mine, dealership installs it in the morning. :clap2:

If anyone needs closeup pics of it fresh out of the box let me know and I will take/post some tonight.

Sponsored

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
Just received mine, dealership installs it in the morning. :clap2:

If anyone needs closeup pics of it fresh out of the box let me know and I will post them tonight.
If you don't mine me asking, how much are they charging you for the install?

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
If you don't mine me asking, how much are they charging you for the install?
$130. Pretty competitive from what I have heard from others.

I'm certainly not gonna mess with it. :headbonk:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Just do it yourself and you'll be $130 richer. Really is not that difficult at all.
Maybe not difficult to you ;)
I am not good at fooling with parts of electronicals and mechanicals. :p

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I believe it's all, I emailed a vendor that had this wheel listed on their website over the weekend and I got an email this morning saying they are backordered until 2/26/16
That's a bummer.
Looks like the R supply's dried up on ebay, too. A couple listings were removed and noted as 'Out of stock' before buyers even had a chance. :shrug:
Last one appears to have sold on Jan 10 for $445 shipped.
Sponsored