GT350 referenced on C&D article about Cayman GT4

TorqueAholic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2000 Mustang GT, 2019 Edge ST
145mph into 10a seems pretty "manly" to me - doesn't exactly speak to a lack of power :) 153mph into 10a for the other vid even less so...
I've seen that video before. Very fast for sure. But this is a caged and gutted race car weighing 300 lbs or so less than the street car sitting on slicks and a no compromise track suspension. That's an apples to oranges comparison to a street car. I've heard that just the slicks are worth about 2 seconds compared to Hoosier R's at RA. A GT4 Mustang would be a better comparison to that one.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've seen that video before. Very fast for sure. But this is a caged and gutted race car weighing 300 lbs or so less than the street car sitting on slicks and a no compromise track suspension. That's an apples to oranges comparison to a street car. I've heard that just the slicks are worth about 2 seconds compared to Hoosier R's at RA. A GT4 Mustang would be a better comparison to that one.
There's an optometrist running a silver gt4 that took me for a ride on Hoosiers. I believe he ran 1:29. Brake zone was at the 250 before 10a. I was like.. is he ever going to brake?!?! there it is. whoa... yes..... haha. as writing this im smiling. such a great time. He doesn't play... reaches about 10 heat cycles and tosses them out.

Those clubsports are also wicked fast too just something else.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
show me some vids for what a gt4 mustang can run then! hell, show me what the fastest gt350 or gt350r is running there for that matter.

But also, you're post was " I personally have driven several hundred laps at Road Atlanta, even if it's lighter, a car that's 100 hp and 100 ft /lb short will lose out of both T5 and T7", so now it's too much lighter?

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
The video with the yellow GT4 isn't a caged and gutted racecar, and it hit 153 going into 10a. I personally haven't seen any GT350s hitting that speed, would love to see them if they do.

Sponsored

TorqueAholic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
show me some vids for what a gt4 mustang can run then! hell, show me what the fastest gt350 or gt350r is running there for that matter.

But also, you're post was " I personally have driven several hundred laps at Road Atlanta, even if it's lighter, a car that's 100 hp and 100 ft /lb short will lose out of both T5 and T7", so now it's too much lighter?
'Too much lighter' : No, just compare street Cayman GT4 to a street GT350. There's a lot more to it than just lighter weight with the race cars. Solid motor mounts and heim joints suspension instead of bushings, better dampers, stiffer springs, the cage itself adds rigidity and you can better exploit the stiffer suspension, the ride height and aero are different, etc etc.

The Mustang GT4 race car can run 1:27.17 at RA...

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/impc/priaulx-quickest-on-friday-at-road-atlanta/

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Last edited:

TorqueAholic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Whatever makes you feel better man. Enjoy your manly car on your manly track, but be sure to give the gt4's the pointby even though you know your car has more torque please.
Sponsored