Sponsored

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 / 04 Terminator Cobra / 22 Bronco
I have the carfax from the dealership that I bought mine from so I was able to see where it was sold and when. I just contacted that dealership in TX and asked if there was anyway of knowing who had the car before me. I knew it was a very long shot at them giving me the info on who bought it but I was hoping they would be willing to take my info and pass it along to the previous owner but that went against policy as well. I'm sure that has been tried a lot before but just wanted to share my personal dead end experience with it
Sponsored

OP
OP
RRM350

RRM350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I don't know the legalities for a dealership (maybe even varies by state), but I can't see any way that YOU providing your contact info to the dealer to pass on the previous owner violates anything. That's what I did, and the previous owner chose to deliver the kit to the dealership and then I just went and picked it up. I mean the dealerships are more than happy to hound you for business when you trade, sell, or buy from them... it's not like they don't have a track record of contacting previous clientele.

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it does not make much sense at all, maybe it does differ by state so who knows. Maybe I can try and contact the general manager and see if that yields any different results.
I've tried searching the VIN online, I've tried searching the Chassis # on here thinking maybe the original owner was a member on here at one time but so far I've been faced with nothing but dead ends.

There are 3 kits on Ebay, 2 of which are listed on the spread sheet and one that is not listed on the sheet at all for anyone that has it or is looking for it. I wonder how many of these kits that are in the non owners hands are from cars that have been wrecked and no one will ever be looking to claim them

OP
OP
RRM350

RRM350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
A lot of people buy the kits on ebay or FB or wherever and then have the chassis plate modified so there's going to be lots of kits that will never be fully reunited with the car they came with. Not judging, just stating a thing that has been happening. I considered adding a row on the sheet to document if people modify a kit so the owner will know their kit is gone forever, but it's already hard enough to police the current format.

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
A lot of people buy the kits on ebay or FB or wherever and then have the chassis plate modified so there's going to be lots of kits that will never be fully reunited with the car they came with. Not judging, just stating a thing that has been happening. I considered adding a row on the sheet to document if people modify a kit so the owner will know their kit is gone forever, but it's already hard enough to police the current format.
Such a Bummer! I've been tempted to purchase one from ebay just to have one, but I'd hate to do that to who ever actually owned the corresponding car.

Sponsored

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
That’s my hang up with doing it as well. Wish we knew what cars were wrecked so it wouldn’t matter at that point

Tim Hill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt 350
Hi I am looking for the supplement package for a 2018 I just purchased
The chassis number is J1796
2018 gt350

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350

Make sure to add your info to the spreadsheet on the first page of this post

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
2018 gt350
Our cars are close. J1772. I added mine to the sheet as well. I checked and my kit was issued to the original owner on 5/25/2018. I was able to track them down but no response yet via Facebook.

Tim Hill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt 350
Our cars are close. J1772. I added mine to the sheet as well. I checked and my kit was issued to the original owner on 5/25/2018. I was able to track them down but no response yet via Facebook.
How did you by rack down the original owner ? I’m looking for the way to do that.
Thanks

Sponsored

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
How did you by rack down the original owner ? I’m looking for the way to do that.
Thanks
When we were doing the paperwork, I happen to catch the last name on one of the forms off to the side. Did some googling, facebook stalking, linkedin searching and figured out his full name and address.

Vudu52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Dealerships will not give out that info for who had the car before and I asked a sales person and the GM of the dealership mine came from and have not had any luck even when asking if my info could be passed along to who the previous owner was and leave it up to them to contact me. The GM was clueless on what I was asking and never replied back to my second E-mail.

Other things I can suggest is searching the Chassis # on here and other GT350 FB groups, on google and searching the VIN online. By searching the VIN I found the place mine was sent to before making its trip to the dealership I bought it from. If anyone's previous owner had posted the chassis # here or in any FB groups it may pop up.

Tim Hill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt 350
Dealerships will not give out that info for who had the car before and I asked a sales person and the GM of the dealership mine came from and have not had any luck even when asking if my info could be passed along to who the previous owner was and leave it up to them to contact me. The GM was clueless on what I was asking and never replied back to my second E-mail.

Other things I can suggest is searching the Chassis # on here and other GT350 FB groups, on google and searching the VIN online. By searching the VIN I found the place mine was sent to before making its trip to the dealership I bought it from. If anyone's previous owner had posted the chassis # here or in any FB groups it may pop up.
Thanks
Sponsored