Sponsored

GT350 INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH OR WITHOUT ENGINE COVER?

How would you like your GT350 Intake Manifold?

• Naked

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • Covered

Votes: 126 66.7%

• Total voters

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
We are toying with the idea of offering a kit that allows you to use the 2015 Engine cover on the GT350 Intake Manifold. This kit would include a trimmed engine cover and adapter plates that will be 100% bolt on ready.

What we would like to know is how many of you like the engine cover vs how many don't care to have it back on the car.

Without Cover:

With Cover:

As you can see the GT350 CAI is on the car! I will provide more info on that later with testing results. A complete kit with intake manifold, throttle body, GT350 CAI and possibly engine cover kit is in the works. This kit will contain unique vacuum line routing as seen above making our kit as bolt on ready and clean as possible. Our JDM Breather Kit (pictured) is an option as well.

Old Vacuum line routing:

New Vacuum line routing:

Side note:

As many of you know the GT350 intake manifolds were put a hold. The most recent update I can give you all is Ford's ETA of 02/29/16 for the earliest availability. This date can and will likely change.

All orders placed with us before 02/01/16 will be filled before then. We were able to get enough intakes to fill those orders. Just hang tight if you ordered from us before then, they are on the way :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
With only if extra cost is sub $50

Looking forward to 350 intake results, will you be comparing to air raid CAI?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I would be interested however what would be the options for those who have custom painted or hydro dipped covers?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
With only if extra cost is sub $50

Looking forward to 350 intake results, will you be comparing to air raid CAI?
Our initial test was done with the Airaid so yes this will compare those two. We tried the paper filter already now we just have to run it with the high flow filter installed on the GT350 CAI ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
I would be interested however why would be the options for those who have custom painted or hydro dipped covers?
That is a good point. They can possibly be shipped to us for proper trimming or can be trimmed as per our instructions.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I would be interested however why would be the options for those who have custom painted or hydro dipped covers?
I agree. I already have spent money on a custom painted hydro dipped cover. How extensive is the trimming needed for the cover to fit the gt350 manifold?

Will there be a kit available to use your existing cover and mount to the gt350 IM? Also how about a vacuum line kit available separately?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Also guys I just wanna say thanks as JDM are without doubt pioneering this 350 setup for sure, great work guys!

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Naked, I don't even have the cover on my stock IM!

You have a kit for the GT350 IM/TB/GT350 Air intake?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Curious as to why you are running breathers on this setup vs the pcv system?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
I agree. I already have spent money on a custom painted hydro dipped cover. How extensive is the trimming needed for the cover to fit the gt350 manifold?

Will there be a kit available to use your existing cover and mount to the gt350 IM? Also how about a vacuum line kit available separately?
Trimming is required to the back of the cover to clear the firewall area. The cover in the picture is actually cut but to an untrained eye you would never know.

A separate vacuum line kit may come later if interest is high enough.

If we are installing this manifold in our shop this is the way it will be done :cool:

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
Also guys I just wanna say thanks as JDM are without doubt pioneering this 350 setup for sure, great work guys!
This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
let us know the total package consists of and price, this will be a home run for sure.

I would like the cover to fit, and then I'll paint it match the stock manifold. "sneaky sneaky"
Sponsored