OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Has anyone come up with the correct fix for the double honk on exit in the 2020?
I tried everything and couldn't nail this one down on my 2020 GT500 after having done everything to my '16 GT350. I learned of a gentleman that does a lot of police car programming and contacted him. Try Jason at flvpmods.com and inquire. I think the link for disabling the double horn honk, a request for a miscellaneous item, was here.
https://flvpmods.square.site/product/ids-programming-of-non-standard-features/19?cs=true

Basically, Jason uses your supplied VIN to him to access your vehicle's specific As-Built data (which you too can find at Motorcraft's website). He knows the address for '20/double horn honk, and can write you a tweaked AB file. Jason doesn't deal with FORScan so the understanding is that you'd be using IDS hardware to "flash" the appropriate control module.

I think it was $25 for him to write me a file. I then used a file comparator to find the address he made the changes to. You can download the comparator tool here...
http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

It's easy to do, so for those not that computer savvy trust me - you can do it. What you do is load your own AB file as well as Jason's new file. You then see the exact change he made, note it, and then use FORScan to make the appropriate change. I did this in the spring and it remains in place even though I've noticed Ford has accessed telematics data from my car remotely.

Jason's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/flvpmods/
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I tried everything and couldn't nail this one down on my 2020 GT500 after having done everything to my '16 GT350. I learned of a gentleman that does a lot of police car programming and contacted him. Try Jason at flvpmods.com and inquire. I think the link for disabling the double horn honk, a request for a miscellaneous item, was here.
https://flvpmods.square.site/product/ids-programming-of-non-standard-features/19?cs=true

Basically, Jason uses your supplied VIN to him to access your vehicle's specific As-Built data (which you too can find at Motorcraft's website). He knows the address for '20/double horn honk, and can write you a tweaked AB file. Jason doesn't deal with FORScan so the understanding is that you'd be using IDS hardware to "flash" the appropriate control module.

I think it was $25 for him to write me a file. I then used a file comparator to find the address he made the changes to. You can download the comparator tool here...

It's easy to do, so for those not that computer savvy trust me - you can do it. What you do is load your own AB file as well as Jason's new file. You then see the exact change he made, note it, and then use FORScan to make the appropriate change. I did this in the spring and it remains in place even though I've noticed Ford has accessed telematics data from my car remotely.

Jason's FB page...
You gonna remove that telematics fuse?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm watching Ford watch me. If they make a move here then so will I. In the meantime, I wish them luck.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Has anyone come up with the correct fix for the double honk on exit in the 2020?
I'm willing to bet it will be the same as what will work on the 2021 F150 - so keep an eye out there. Those guys usually find this stuff before the S550 community does.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I'm watching Ford watch me. If they make a move here then so will I. In the meantime, I wish them luck.
Ohhhhhhhh .................... Don't get cross eyed :cwl:

Sponsored

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

Jason's FB page...
I also did this exact thing on my 2020 GT350 some months ago and it’s held just fine.

Snowwhite1750

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
So I have a 2019 gt350. I have a lot of different answers for disabling fake engine sound. Can someone show me the correct format for a 2019
Looking for
fake engine noise disabled,
Double honk disabled
4x turn signal

seems like 2019 are different from the spreadsheet I have found. Thank you who ever Can help.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
So I have a 2019 gt350. I have a lot of different answers for disabling fake engine sound. Can someone show me the correct format for a 2019
Looking for
fake engine noise disabled,
Double honk disabled
4x turn signal

seems like 2019 are different from the spreadsheet I have found. Thank you who ever Can help.
Seconded (interested in same)

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
For double horn honk, try this:

726-24-02 xxxx xxxx x1xx (enabled)
726-24-02 xxxx xxxx x0xx (disabled)

Credit to the guys on the Explorer forum if it works.

nico01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
nicolas
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2.3 ecoboost

Sponsored
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oui. Wait, what?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I surrender. I must learn this secret Forscan code.

Hawkeye1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, Tesla Mdl X, 911 GT3, V90, 911S, Z4
I have a 2020 GT350 and used ForScan tonight to turn off the double honk (successful), splash the red R screen (successful), add a fourth blink when changing lanes (successful, and silly) and turn off the engine noise enhancement (unsuccessful). The first three were simple, and I was able to do them using the 'easy' method, without having to know the precise addresses and hex codes. I could not find an 'easy' method for the sound enhancement, so will look through the Google Docs to see if those addresses still apply to a 2020 vehicle. Also, I saw choices for rev matching and a gear indicator. I didn't turn them on (and I assume the Tremec in the GT350 doesn't have the hardware needed to activate them), but I was tempted to try.
Sponsored