Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
I am in the middle of installing transmission cooling on my tech pack car, and while I'm in here, I wanted to work on the differential cooling -

However, I have two questions:

Has anyone successfully powered the GT350 Diff cooler pump on a tech car (either by integration into the car's harnesses and modules) or by creating a custom wiring solution? I've seen the pinouts, but my searches of the site so far only showed people getting them installed but unable to make them run.

Alternatively - is there a known fitting that can be used on the OEM cooler assembly to convert it to AN lines? That would be easier to mount a tilton-type pump but utilize the duct work and oem cooler assembly.

This car is not heavily tracked, I have a dedicated car - but I've been roasting the fluids just with spirited driving and the occasional HPDE session here or there (and so far every session ends with the car in limp mode)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Captdistraction

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I've seen that, but they use a custom harness (I did reach out to FRPP about it as its discontinued).

This is a thread that seemed to have a lot of info, but ends on a cliffhanger: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oem-differential-oil-cooler-install.69499/

" Looks like Ford Performance now has a kit for the Diff cooler (M-4000-M8S). It includes a wiring harness (they won't sell it alone). I emailed FP and they replied indicating you just need power to pin 2 and ground pin 6. Which I have done and get no response from either of my pumps. Why this seems odd to me is because with KOEO I have power to both pins 1 (run/start) and 2 (battery). So, you prob used pin 2 when you ran yours. When you get back around to checking yours, let me know how it goes. I may have bad pumps. "

There's the temp sender, that can be easily added and turned on with Forscan:

c379-connector-spec-jpg.jpg

c264-connector-spec-jpg.jpg

1681168328684.png

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Keep investigating and figure this one out! I haven't done anything about my lack of diff cooling because I wanted the clean OEM implementation (no manual switches). I haven't seen anyone get the OEM setup to work on a 2016 - but if you figure it out, you'll be a hero! Well, at least to me.

I'm thinking that it may require a module from a 2017 or later that has all of the tech pack goodies and cooling functionality.....but I don't even pretend to understand this stuff. I had to ask a ton of questions just to try and understand the difference between hexadecimal and binary when messing with Forscan.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Captdistraction

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
What I do know is that the tech pack cars are missing some fuses and relay(s), which likely means the harnesses aren't pinned for the pump anyways.

My take on it was either A: identify what those are and replicate them

or B:

Figure out how to activate the pump from its pinout and a custom harness (which is what FRPP did - they use a thermoswitch to trigger but also have a manual switch).

I don't mind a manual switch, but I'd like to have a solution that will drive the OEM pump and packaging.

Alternatively, I might just do a tilton type pump and adapt the oem cooler core. I don't want to remove the rear tray to use a custom cooler and fan