Sponsored

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
it's amazing how much it looks like a coyote, but isn't one. there's a lot of tweaks but it looks like the 5.0L was a great starting point to build from.
Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Man, that 500 lb weight reduction seems pretty unlikely. I suspect something was misinterpreted. Would be nice, but don't want to be getting my hopes up.

Damnit, I'm getting my hopes up....

-T
The CF Wheels alone saved 52lbs, that's more than 10% of that savings.

Who knows. We need a locked/sticky thread, simple, no posts, just legit stats from Ford on the GT350/GT350R and then maybe add tests and magazine reveiws. nothing else.

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I know we all know what a flatplane crank looks like, but it still would have been great if they had a rotating assembly on display out of the engine.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I have heard from Ford Racing that the GT350R is 500lbs lighter than the Mustang GT. They also say it is 130lbs lighter than the GT350 as well as other standard press release stuff.

Ford knows it says that, they either don't care to edit it (which they have edited the post but left the 500lbs lighter bit in). Or, they simply didn't make a mistake and the GT350R is indeed a sub-3300lbs car.

The benefits of a dedicated platform vs. the Alpha...

I continuously try to caution their base on a regular basis. I don't feel bad for the core elitist over there, never have, never will...

The ones that want me banned from the Internet are the same ones crying now. Don't hold your breath for an impressive 6th Gen. The days of sharing a platform between performance cars is long gone. The Alpha is at a disadvantage from the start, the HALO cars are already showing their limits.
Where is the posted information regarding 500lbs of weight reduction?

Also you should caveat that the flexing of performance platforms might be over. Because the Flexing of platforms is all the rage right now for R&D, performance, cost savings, and from a manufacturing stand point. Heck Ford is one of the best at doing it. The Germans are really getting into as well, and same thing with Toyota.

Last edited:

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Where is the posted information regarding 500lbs of weight reduction?

Also you should caveat that the flexing of performance platforms might be over. Because the Flexing of platforms is all the rage right now for R&D, performance, cost savings, and from a manufacturing stand point. Heck Ford is one of the best at doing it. The Germans are really getting into as well, and same thing with Toyota.

I saw it on Ford Racing Schools facebook page. They've since edited the post (or deleted it all together) but they made a point to mention the GT350R was 500lbs lighter than the Mustang GT and 130 lb under the GT350. Ford Racing School is one of the official Ford social media outlets (they're partnered with Ford Racing/Performance).

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I tried to look at a Cached version of there site via google, but no dice.

Since you saw it, maybe you can retrieve it?

Anyone know anybody at Facebook?

Also we should all have Snagit. it lets you capture and save screen images easily.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I tried to look at a Cached version of there site via google, but no dice.

Since you saw it, maybe you can retrieve it?

Anyone know anybody at Facebook?

Also we should all have Snagit. it lets you capture and save screen images easily.

thePill has it captured apparently

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I think someone got confused because they announced at the show that the new Raptor is 500lbs less than the old one. I seriously doubt that the pulled that much weight out of the mustang.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I think someone got confused because they announced at the show that the new Raptor is 500lbs less than the old one. I seriously doubt that the pulled that much weight out of the mustang.

...that's a good point!

I didn't connect the two

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

I agree with that.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
While it does seem unlikely the car lost that much weight it is possibly. Remember Bama managed to find a couple hundred pounds for free to run 9's. 3450lbs with driver is 3250-3300lbs without.

[ame]

So with ford stripping the car that weight is feasible. Stronger components in the drivetrain and suspension maybe increase weight but could possibly be offset by some of the lightweight fancy bits. It is unlikely. But it is also possible the car lost that much weight. I won't get my hopes up too much.
Sponsored