Not open for further replies.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I'm glad we're finally at the partial throttle racing point of the debate. I've been pestering a number of TV channels to televise this compelling sport. Any jabroni can go WOT but it takes skill and refinement to partial your way to victory.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Bottom line... the ec0boost will walk any GT in a part-throttle contest. My own personal experience is as follows: I was cruising along at 35mph and an ec0boost came screaming by me. Before I even knew what happened, I was just another kill. They are just that brutal.... and lets not forget that glorious exhaust note!
I know, I got rid of mine cuz I felt bad for destroying all those V8 hopes and dreams. Now I only make a measly 500ft-lbs at 2500 rpm and I'm scared of my own shadow.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Please explain this "1/2 throttle" driving style. So did you just keep the accelerator pedal 1/2 way down during the 60-90 mph? Cause if you did, I think the car would stay the same speed.

I have a GT and don't drive full throttle all the time ( Goon style) ,but I do keep the car in the appropriate gear for maximum acceleration while in traffic.
This means my rpm's are about 3000-3500. The GT is a high reving V8 and a blast to drive when used properly. BTW, I have stock exhaust, so I remain stealthy.
It is not "half throttle".... it is half the powerband.

The Coyote makes a fuss if you waken up all the horses and use peak torque (v8 over 4,200rpms ), if you want some quick acceleration. Not to mention, with yote, you loose torque once you shift. Consequently, one can short shift the RS EB at 3.5k ~ 4k... and fall back into good torque. I use to shift my corvette at 3.5k all the time... and could out accelerate traffic without making a fuss. Again, while only using half of the powerband. Easy, effortless driving. This is how many people like to drive...

Nobody wants to wind-out their noisy v8 to 6k every gear... around town. That is why many get superchargers for their yotes, so they can drive peppy around town, without looking & sounding like a douchy racecar driver at every stop light. Waking the 5.0 up, get tiresome after a while. Again, just one of the reasons some people like the pushrod, or turbocharged engine better around town, than the 7,500RPM 5.0.

The HPP give Mustang drivers another option than the v8, for performance driving.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0

The Coyote makes a fuss if you waken up all the horses and use peak torque (v8 over 4,200rpms ), if you want some quick acceleration. Not to mention, with yote, you loose torque once you shift. Consequently, one can short shift the RS EB at 3.5k ~ 4k... and fall back into good torque. I use to shift my corvette at 3.5k all the time... and could out accelerate traffic without making a fuss. Again, while only using half of the powerband. Easy, effortless driving. This is how many people like to drive...

Nobody wants to wind-out their noisy v8 to 6k every gear... around town. That is why many get superchargers for their yotes, so they can drive peppy around town, without looking & sounding like a douchy racecar driver at every stop light. Waking the 5.0 up, get tiresome after a while. Again, just one of the reasons some people like the pushrod, or turbocharged engine better around town, than the 7,500RPM 5.0.

The HPP give Mustang drivers another option than the v8, for performance driving.
This takes the cake for the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
His post makes sense to me but my solution: put an F150 manifold on the GT. Best of both worlds. :D

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10

Ha, I get plenty of acceleration around town in my '18 GT A10 PP1 without going past 4k rpm. 1/2 throttle take-offs and short shifting at 4k rpms with the paddle shifters creates way better than decent acceleration from stop lights.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I assume that you have an auto, so you have zero clue what people shift at....
I've never even driven an auto GT of any kind or any year for that matter but I have owned 4 manual GTs and two manual cobras. I drove an auto EB rental once.

Doesn't change the fact that we all lost brain cells reading the drivel that you posted.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This takes the cake for the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum.
This particular one? How did you choice this one? He's the cornucopia of ding dong replies.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I've never even driven an auto GT of any kind or any year for that matter but I have owned 4 manual GTs and two manual cobras. I drove an auto EB rental once.

Doesn't change the fact that we all lost brain cells reading the drivel that you posted.
It's simple stuff.
Nothing you said, refutes what I said. Either refute it, or kindly stfu.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ha, I get plenty of acceleration around town in my '18 GT A10 PP1 without going past 4k rpm. 1/2 throttle take-offs and short shifting at 4k rpms with the paddle shifters creates way better than decent acceleration from stop lights.
Correct.
Though, we were discussing driving manual v8 and HPP around town. The a10 makes most of what we are comparing, moot.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
It's simple stuff.
Nothing you said, refutes what I said. Either refute it, or kindly stfu.
We've posted actual numbers. Tests. Dyno graphs. And you ignore it. We have refuted it OVER and OVER and OVER.
And then speak like some trained power train engineer and talk down to people who nicely pointed out errors and misconceptions you've posted, people who have been wrenching / racing for decades. I for one am using the IGNORE function for the first time ever in the years I've been on forums.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
We've posted actual numbers. Tests. Dyno graphs. And you ignore it. We have refuted it OVER and OVER and OVER.
And then speak like some trained power train engineer and talk down to people who nicely pointed out errors and misconceptions you've posted, people who have been wrenching / racing for decades. I for one am using the IGNORE function for the first time ever in the years I've been on forums.
You have not refuted anything, at all.

Have you placed a dynograph of a gen 3 yote, overtop a tuned RS engine... and compared the torque plots..?

I wonder why you are afraid to compare such things. I said, please start in the RS forums for those exact comparisons. I don't even have to argue with you, as most here understand what exactly I am talking about. It seems you are still trying to learn what torque and horsepower actually are (in relation to each other).

I am not talking down to you, I am stating a fact. You do not understand torque, if you are having a such hard time understanding what a powerband is. Seems like you aren't ignoring me, you are ignoring facts.

What is your argument, that a 2.3 liter turbocharged engine can not possibly have more torque than a 5.0 normally aspirated engine..? Is that your argument?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
What is your argument, that a 2.3 liter turbocharged engine can not possibly have more torque than a 5.0 normally aspirated engine..? Is that your argument?
Yes, because it doesn't. Stock for stock the 5.0 makes more torque. It even makes more torque at the vaunted 2500rpm you keep bragging about. Because you have literally no idea what you're talking about and keep trying to repeat the same debunked crap over and over. The 15-17 EB peaks around 270ft-lb at 2500 rpm, the 15-17 GT is making over 300ft-lb there and keeps climbing until its peak much later. It gets even worse compared to a gen 3 coyote with the higher compression and direct injection, that motor makes a lot more torque than the gen 2.

Again, none of this will get through your 6 foot thick lead skull that blocks out all facts and reason, but there it is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.