Sponsored

GT PP under tray questions

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I have a 2018 EB PP that has been upgraded to the Brembo 6 piston fronts to better cope with HPDE. After reading some of the Vorshlag posts, I've decided to try to go with the GT PP under tray (with the brake cooling ducts) and the oversized Vorshlag deflector. It appears the part number for the GT PP under tray is JR3Z-17626-B. However, on the Ford parts websites, the description of this part says it is the GT Performance Pack AND 2.3L Performance Pack part. The under tray that came on my 2018 EB PP does NOT have the brake cooling ducts.

First question; Is this part, JR3Z-17626-B, the one with the brake cooling ducts?

Second question; Will the GT PP under tray bolt on to my EB PP bumper/splitter?

Thanks.
Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I’ve been on this adventure before, see these threads for different pieces of the front end. JR3Z-17626-B is the correct PP part number. Your EB PP doesn’t have ducts, correct. That statement on the parts listing is probably for the HPP EB cars from 2020 on.

Also you will need to cut your wheel well liners or replace them to allow the airflow from the pan into the wheel well.

I can’t remember if the splitter will work or not, I went to a PP splitter and never tried. There are other threads in the cosmetic forum on splitters though, you might find an answer.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/non-pp-fender-liner-with-pp1-wheels-springs.152010/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pp-belly-pan.146978/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pp1-front-bumper-chin-spoiler-2018-plus.146335/

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I’ve been on this adventure before...
I'm on the fence about doing a PP splitter conversion. In your opinion, was it worth the effort and money?

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'm on the fence about doing a PP splitter conversion. In your opinion, was it worth the effort and money?
For performance, no. The conditions where that makes sense are limited and you would want a Much larger splitter to have real benefit. For looks... it’s more aggressive sure. It also opens you up for more aftermarket parts, however if you look around the cosmetic forum there are non-pp splitters that look good. See here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/front-chin-spoiler.148589/

I only did it because I was replacing my bumper, belly, & liners after some unplanned off-roading. I wouldn’t have spent the money on it otherwise.

OP
OP
SVO MkII

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For performance, no. The conditions where that makes sense are limited and you would want a Much larger splitter to have real benefit. For looks... it’s more aggressive sure. It also opens you up for more aftermarket parts, however if you look around the cosmetic forum there are non-pp splitters that look good. See here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/front-chin-spoiler.148589/

I only did it because I was replacing my bumper, belly, & liners after some unplanned off-roading. I wouldn’t have spent the money on it otherwise.
In my case, I'm only interested in increased brake cooling for the track (road courses). Do you do any HPDE, and if so, did you notice any improvement in brake performance?

Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
In my case, I'm only interested in increased brake cooling for the track (road courses). Do you do any HPDE, and if so, did you notice any improvement in brake performance?
No HPDE, just autoX. I don’t have a PP car or brembos. From reading other’s experiences here, the cooling from ducts->deflectors->brakes is useful. PP cars also have a smaller brake dust shield which I think allows the deflected air onto the rotor better than non-PP cars. If you’re planning to treat HPDE as more than just some fun fast laps and you anticipate brake fade being an issue, this is probably worth it. That said you’ll get much more experienced opinions in the HPDE forum than from me; really just going off the feel I get from reading a lot around here.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Off-roading a Mustang, unplanned or otherwise, sounds like a bad idea ;)

OP
OP
SVO MkII

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No HPDE, just autoX. I don’t have a PP car or brembos. From reading other’s experiences here, the cooling from ducts->deflectors->brakes is useful. PP cars also have a smaller brake dust shield which I think allows the deflected air onto the rotor better than non-PP cars. If you’re planning to treat HPDE as more than just some fun fast laps and you anticipate brake fade being an issue, this is probably worth it. That said you’ll get much more experienced opinions in the HPDE forum than from me; really just going off the feel I get from reading a lot around here.
Yes, I saw on the Vorshlag site that they saw better experience with the PP under tray and their oversized deflector, vs hoses and backing plates. I've been doing HPDE since 1997, I do some instructing as well. My '72 911 was a (almost) dedicated track car for about 15 years. I can say now I have a full appreciation for the benefit of light weight. The 911 weighs 2350 lbs, wet. With stock 11" rotors, 2 piston calipers, and a bit of simple cooling (deflectors hanging from the a-arms), I could brake like a maniac and never get any fade. The 3500 lb EB, even with the 6 piston Brembos, 15" rotors, track pads & fluid, is still right on the brink (at least for me).

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yes, I saw on the Vorshlag site that they saw better experience with the PP under tray and their oversized deflector, vs hoses and backing plates. I've been doing HPDE since 1997, I do some instructing as well. My '72 911 was a (almost) dedicated track car for about 15 years. I can say now I have a full appreciation for the benefit of light weight. The 911 weighs 2350 lbs, wet. With stock 11" rotors, 2 piston calipers, and a bit of simple cooling (deflectors hanging from the a-arms), I could brake like a maniac and never get any fade. The 3500 lb EB, even with the 6 piston Brembos, 15" rotors, track pads & fluid, is still right on the brink (at least for me).
I think you know the answer then :)

on lightweight cars: I oddly cross shopped this against ND Miatas and 987/981 Boxster/Caymans. Getting a V8 won out but those two cars are on my future list. Certainly more enjoyable handling and driving experiences in some ways than this car. I would also love to be able to wring out the engine without being close to losing my license immediately like in this car. V8 is fun but you certainly can’t stretch its legs often, safely and legally at least. The high revving motor is a treat though. I do plan to do some HPDE at some point, but haven’t been able to justify the cost yet. AutoX is cheap fun for now
Sponsored