Sponsored

GT PP Brake Pad Options

StoneRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I tried a search for Hawk pads with nothing listed for the S550s yet.... Anyone know of trackable street pads available for the GT PP? I am going to be doing a track day next week and wanted to have an extra set of pads available if needed, but would really like to have some Hawk HP+ or something similar.

Somebody has to have pads available for the new Mustang.
Sponsored

CaptainCrash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
I looked too. Not much out there try topbrakes.com - Or searching the 2014 GT500 front brakes - there the same on 2015 GT w/pp I think - But comfirm that before spending your hard earned cash.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Look at the RaceBrake web site. ST43 is a great street track pad. Call to get front/rear combo. Great people, they have supplied us for years.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
it would help to know precisely what model brembo caliper we have, that should make searching for existing materials fairly simple.

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Any ceramic or low dust options for street? I've searched and found nothing. I'm tired of the dust on mine, it's instant and can't keep the wheels clean. I don't mind to sacrifice the performance a bit given they brake hard as heck as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RipShift2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Any ceramic or low dust options for street? I've searched and found nothing. I'm tired of the dust on mine, it's instant and can't keep the wheels clean. I don't mind to sacrifice the performance a bit given they brake hard as heck as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Essex will have Ferodo DS2500 in about 2 weeks or so
Yeah those work too! The only downside is that pad shape doesn't sweep the entire rotor. It misses about 5mm or so. Ferodo got the OEM bad and made new backing plates that are the same size as OEM.
Post pics and info when you get it. Been quite pleased with these so far.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I second this.
It's easy to say you won't mind sacrificing the performance when you don't know how much you're giving up. Way too easy.

I expect to encounter about one instance on the street per set of tires where I need every bit of braking grip possible. That means that the pads have to be up to the task as well, and pads having a soft initial bite or a generally low coefficient of friction just isn't part of that. Don't put yourself in a position where you suddenly regret a decision like this because it's too late to do it over.

Norm

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
It's easy to say you won't mind sacrificing the performance when you don't know how much you're giving up. Way too easy.

I expect to encounter about one instance on the street per set of tires where I need every bit of braking grip possible. That means that the pads have to be up to the task as well, and pads having a soft initial bite or a generally low coefficient of friction just isn't part of that. Don't put yourself in a position where you suddenly regret a decision like this because it's too late to do it over.

Norm
As much as I want to agree here, if you are in an emergency braking situation the only limiting factor is gonna be the tires. I mean, the car has ABS, and any time you really step on the brakes you're going to lock 'em up and let ABS do the work on the street.

I've had some cars with pretty terrible brakes, but I've never had a car that couldn't stop because of poor brakes or pads, unless of course they were absolutely cooked - which shouldn't be an issue on the street in an emergency braking situation.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
You do realize that all you really lose with ceramics is initial bite and rotor life? I guarantee that in a panic stop both types will instantly be in antilock mode as you mat the pedal.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You do realize that all you really lose with ceramics is initial bite and rotor life? I guarantee that in a panic stop both types will instantly be in antilock mode as you mat the pedal.
For you and H1 - maybe not. It takes a finite amount of time to move the brake pedal far enough and from there build up enough pressure between the pads and the discs before ABS has any interest at all in what's happening, and this does translate to distance. This might be two or three feet or maybe only one, but there are times when that's enough to really matter, and I'll guarantee that at such times you won't be thinking about how clean and shiny your wheels are.

When you step up from everyday street pads to a track pad, this is something you can feel right away (going in the 'good' direction, where you can clearly feel the pads 'bite solidly' a little sooner). I can tell you in no uncertain terms that I would never want to drop back in the 'bad' direction and give up any braking performance . . . for appearance sake.

Remember, I've been there.

Norm
Sponsored