Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Every couple months or everytime you load a tune a good idea. If you change gas stations too. The KAM reset has not stopped my flare in the past though. Hoping crank relearn (did it first time yesterday), KAM reset, along with SCT updates (5 new files), and reloaded tune will kill it. If not, just wait for Ford tsb. Lol.
haha noted. I am patiently waiting on any TSB's. I'm just glad (can't knock on wood enough) that I don't have that obnoxious BBQ tick or whatever it's called. Or maybe my ears are just immune to any ticking noise because the past few years I have been driving BMW DI motors and their injectors make our cars sound like a hybrid.
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I did the KAM reset last night, and I can vouch that it worked so far with the minor quirks I was having with my trans. Everything you mentioned I have minus the jerk from park to drive. I have seen a lot of people with this issue, but luckily knock on wood I do not have this yet or the ticking from the engine that people have. I do have some surges, but the KAM reset had the car running smooth as ever this morning.
How do you do a KAM reset? Is that like pulling a fuse or something?

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT/2018 Mustang GT
I disconnected the battery for an hour a few weeks ago. No change at all...still the lurch and harsh shifts.

Groovy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 700A Tremec Oxford White
"I know that stick-shifts aren't for everyone, but 1. the Mustang GT's automatic transmission ($1,595) is an absolute buzzkill. No matter what driving mode you're in, and no matter if the gear lever is in Drive or Sport, the automatic is poorly matched to just about every driving style.

2. Around town, the shifts are jerky and poorly timed. On the freeway, it's constantly hunting for the right gear. In the canyons, it'll refuse to downshift before a turn but then hold gears too long when you're running at a steady speed. You can put the transmission in manual mode and operate it via the steering wheel-mounted paddles, but even then, there's a noticeable delay in shift time. This transmission trouble isn't just unique to my specific test car, either. Editor Jon Wong spent a month with a similarly spec'd Mustang GT in Detroit, and his only major complaint was that lousy 10-speed.

3. What's more, the 10-speed doesn't vastly improve fuel economy, either. The Mustang GT carries EPA ratings of 15 miles per gallon city, 25 mpg highway and 18 mpg combined with the six-speed manual, and despite having four extra forward gears, the automatic only improves the city and combined ratings by a single mpg each. During my week of testing with mixed driving, I saw observed fuel economy of just 17.5 mpg."

1. Congratulations, as I think you are possibly the only ones thinking this.
2. Most likely: transmission isn't adapted properly. Once this transmission has a chance to fill out it's adaptive tables, it is super smooth and non-intrusive. Coincidentally: the 10-speed transmission has 10 gears! It's going to shift, per the driving conditions, according to the drive mode strategy (economy-minded, sport-minded or performance-minded) up to 10 gears... Expecting a 10-speed to shift only 3 to 4 gears?
3. I don't think they get how the battle for fuel economy works.
I agree with this explanation of the A10. I have a F150 with the A10 and I drove a 2018 Mustang EB convertible A10 for a week while on vacation in Maui. It was clunky shifting for sure. Sometimes it seemed good then other time not so good. Driving up to the top of 10,000 foot Haleakala crater the transmission performed well. Coming back down it did not. At times downshifts were a little scary. By comparison my wife's car a 2013 BMW X1 3.0 with 6 speed auto has a perfect shift response up and down (rev matching is perfect). I could not find a comfortable mode with the A10 in the Mustang. My F150 has the same lunge upshift 1 to 3 when driving slowly in a parking lot or similar. Where you have to be ready to put your foot on the brake so you don't run over someone. The last I spoke with Ford service there was no fix. The A10 is defiantly good under acceleration. Drag racing it will shine. Just not my pick for a all around sports car. I feel like they could have done a better job with it. That's why I went with the 6 speed manual on my 19 GT. It's not my daily driver and is sure is fun to drive!

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
haha noted. I am patiently waiting on any TSB's. I'm just glad (can't knock on wood enough) that I don't have that obnoxious BBQ tick or whatever it's called. Or maybe my ears are just immune to any ticking noise because the past few years I have been driving BMW DI motors and their injectors make our cars sound like a hybrid.
Any trans flare? Mine has stopped doing it completely so far. I have been trying to get it to do it by start no warm up and go. Think either the crank relearn or SCT device updates did the trick. No more puckered butt ho. Lol.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Any trans flare? Mine has stopped doing it completely so far. I have been trying to get it to do it by start no warm up and go. Think either the crank relearn or SCT device updates did the trick. No more puckered butt ho. Lol.
I have had zero issues since making those updates through SCT, and I only did the KAM reset not the crank as well. I don't know for sure but it seems like in mine, and your case either the KAM reset or updates did the trick. I'm happy as can be :)... What I still don't understand is if the updates and KAM reset ironed out these issues, does that mean that Ford's programming is not the best in this trans, given the fact that I had these flares before the tune as well?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I have had zero issues since making those updates through SCT, and I only did the KAM reset not the crank as well. I don't know for sure but it seems like in mine, and your case either the KAM reset or updates did the trick. I'm happy as can be :)... What I still don't understand is if the updates and KAM reset ironed out these issues, does that mean that Ford's programming is not the best in this trans, given the fact that I had these flares before the tune as well?
Then it must have been the SCT updates if you did not do Crank relearn. I had done the KAM couple times before with no luck. Yes, the tune (with updates) sorted out the shitty Ford tcu tuning. Good news!
Sponsored