Sponsored

GT owners...Is the A10 as bad as Roadshow says

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
In your thirty years of driving experience have you had a vehicle rev on its own rolling through a parking lot to over 4K rpms?
Hell yeah, that is part of the fun. Keeps you alert and wondering all the time. Is this fucker going to launch forward and mow down a few people? Keep the mustang image alive (bloody front end). :).

Yes, I have had converter/trans flare. Only happens occasionally when taking off quickly after start up. Allowing 1-2 minutes after start up it never does it on mine. Having my service dude check for a10 software updates. Will get it sorted, no biggie.
Sponsored

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yeah, that is part of the fun. Keeps you alert and wondering all the time. Is this fucker going to launch forward and mow down a few people? Keep the mustang image alive (bloody front end). :).

Yes, I have had converter/trans flare. Only happens occasionally when taking off quickly after start up. Allowing 1-2 minutes after start up it never does it on mine. Having my service dude check for a10 software updates. Will get it sorted, no biggie.
Haha it definitely keeps you on your toes. Now that you said it, the only times it has done this to me is when I hop in and go after it’s sat for hours. Every now and then I remote start it from my office to let it cool some. I will check and see if letting it sit might solve this issue. It’s nothing major and it drives great. I’m kind of quietly waiting for some software updates to emerge and see if that helps...

Ratfink53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium
I like the 10 speed. Nope, it’s not perfect and at almost 66 years old, I’m done rowing mu own gears.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Haha it definitely keeps you on your toes. Now that you said it, the only times it has done this to me is when I hop in and go after it’s sat for hours. Every now and then I remote start it from my office to let it cool some. I will check and see if letting it sit might solve this issue. It’s nothing major and it drives great. I’m kind of quietly waiting for some software updates to emerge and see if that helps...
I just did a crank relearn and KAM resets on my SCT BDX. It flared again today. Will see if that helps. Also going to check for new BDX updates. Pony runs like a beast in this 48 degree air.

Sponsored

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Had 5 device file update today. Reloading tune. :).
I will try that when I leave the office today. I reflashed mine this weekend to a different 93 tune through Unleashed, and the car was running very weird. I could go WOT in 5th on the highway and the car would barely creep up to speed. I went back to the original 93 tune that Torrie sent me, and the car is running great. I'm wondering if maybe I had the updates already when I reflashed back to the original tune, and that's why the car is running so good right now? If you don't mind me asking, where do you go in the SCT to do the crank re-learn and KAM resets? Also sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly is that doing to the vehicle?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I will try that when I leave the office today. I reflashed mine this weekend to a different 93 tune through Unleashed, and the car was running very weird. I could go WOT in 5th on the highway and the car would barely creep up to speed. I went back to the original 93 tune that Torrie sent me, and the car is running great. I'm wondering if maybe I had the updates already when I reflashed back to the original tune, and that's why the car is running so good right now? If you don't mind me asking, where do you go in the SCT to do the crank re-learn and KAM resets? Also sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly is that doing to the vehicle?
No problem. Did not know you are running Unleashed. It is second tab vehicle functions. Just follow the prompts. Did you tell Torrie about the trans flashes?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
It resets Keep Active Memory in ecu. Crank is if you ever change cams/tb etc. It is ok to do it.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
No problem. Did not know you are running Unleashed. It is second tab vehicle functions. Just follow the prompts. Did you tell Torrie about the trans flashes?
Yeah I am. Once I go FI I am going to get a custom dyno tune, but I wanted something fun in between, and could not be happier. I did not say anything to Torrie, and my logic behind it was everything on the tune was amazing including the adjustments to the trans. My flares were happening every now and then before the tune and have not gotten worse with it. I didn't want to say anything, and other things change with the tune when he revised it, as I am over all very happy with it. I reached out to Torrie over the weekend just to see if he had some time in between sending my first tune to play around with it, and if any revisions or updates have been made. That's when he sent me a different 93 tune that made my car not run well at all so I switched back to the original the same night, and it has been driving like a charm.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yeah I am. Once I go FI I am going to get a custom dyno tune, but I wanted something fun in between, and could not be happier. I did not say anything to Torrie, and my logic behind it was everything on the tune was amazing including the adjustments to the trans. My flares were happening every now and then before the tune and have not gotten worse with it. I didn't want to say anything, and other things change with the tune when he revised it, as I am over all very happy with it. I reached out to Torrie over the weekend just to see if he had some time in between sending my first tune to play around with it, and if any revisions or updates have been made. That's when he sent me a different 93 tune that made my car not run well at all so I switched back to the original the same night, and it has been driving like a charm.
Yeah mine did it pre tune too. Never mentioned it too him either, although if I could get a log of torque source when it happened he probably could get it ironed out. But, the Ford tcu coding is not his fault.

Yeah I just reloaded E85 tune with device updates and car runs super. Did 3 stop turn off car, turn on and immediately took off with zero flare. Fingers crossed. Lol.

Sponsored

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT/2018 Mustang GT
I ordered my car and got it in April and the A10 was good till about 6000 miles. Now, the downshifts, mostly from 4 and below, like when slowing down are overly harsh and there is a pronounced lurch when you put the car from park to drive. Does this whether its warm or cold. I called the dealer and he looked up my VIN and said there is no updates, TSB's etc for it at the moment. Seeing as the car is going away for the winter in the next few weeks I am going to wait and see if any updates or TSB's develop over the winter months and deal with it in the spring. Trans was awesome before this but I know something isn't quite right.

Last edited:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I ordered my car and got it in April and the A10 was good till about 6000 miles. Now, the downshifts, mostly from 4 and below, like when slowing down are overly harsh and there is a pronounced lurch when you put the car from park to drive. Does this whether its warm or cold. I called the dealer and he looked up my VIN and said there is no updates, TSB's etc for it at the moment. Seeing as the car is going away for the winter in the next few weeks I am going to wait and see if any updates or TSB's develop over the winter months and deal with it in the spring. Trans was awesome before this but I know something isn't quite right.
Do a KAM reset.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
It resets Keep Active Memory in ecu. Crank is if you ever change cams/tb etc. It is ok to do it.
I did a KAM reset last night, and updated my device. I want to say thank you for letting me know about this. The car drove great this morning mixed with the cooler weather that we are getting. I don't want to speak too soon, but the shifts, surge, and overall performance of the trans felt completely different this morning after doing the reset. I will keep monitoring, but I saw something while doing research that said "it's not a bad idea to do a KAM or crank reset every month or so because a simple thing such as a bad batch of gas can throw it off". Do you agree? It definitely seemed to help my case...

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Do a KAM reset.
I did the KAM reset last night, and I can vouch that it worked so far with the minor quirks I was having with my trans. Everything you mentioned I have minus the jerk from park to drive. I have seen a lot of people with this issue, but luckily knock on wood I do not have this yet or the ticking from the engine that people have. I do have some surges, but the KAM reset had the car running smooth as ever this morning.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I did a KAM reset last night, and updated my device. I want to say thank you for letting me know about this. The car drove great this morning mixed with the cooler weather that we are getting. I don't want to speak too soon, but the shifts, surge, and overall performance of the trans felt completely different this morning after doing the reset. I will keep monitoring, but I saw something while doing research that said "it's not a bad idea to do a KAM or crank reset every month or so because a simple thing such as a bad batch of gas can throw it off". Do you agree? It definitely seemed to help my case...
Every couple months or everytime you load a tune a good idea. If you change gas stations too. The KAM reset has not stopped my flare in the past though. Hoping crank relearn (did it first time yesterday), KAM reset, along with SCT updates (5 new files), and reloaded tune will kill it. If not, just wait for Ford tsb. Lol.
Sponsored