GT Brake Upgrade for EB

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
For the eco owners that swapped out their brakes for base GT/eco PP brakes, did you also swap out brake lines?

Will our stock brake lines fit base GT brake calipers correctly?
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
If I was doing it I'd upgrade to stainless steel so you only have to bleed once and never worry about it again.

As far as if they fit, I don't know. Been considering doing the upgrade myself so post up if you find out.

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
If I was doing it I'd upgrade to stainless steel so you only have to bleed once and never worry about it again.

As far as if they fit, I don't know. Been considering doing the upgrade myself so post up if you find out.
I just ordered the GT brake line. Looking at the pictures in The Helms online shop manual, the brake lines between the eco and the GT are different numbers and different shapes.

Also, from what I've read, stainless brake lines are way over hyped. In fact, I've heard to go with the factory rubber brake lines because they have a similar or higher tensile strength. Plus, you never know what quality of stainless brake lines you might get. The cost is a biggy too. Good stainless lines run $250-300. I can get the rubber stock part new for $20. I went rubber. No regrets.

MagneticEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The brake lines are the same. Usually the used calipers are listed with the brake lines already installed in the calipers, so you just change the whole assembly including brake lines, at least that's how I did mine, both front and back.

The GT PP i believe have different brake lines and master cylinder, but for the base GT and ecoboost they should be interchangeable.

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

The brake lines are the same. Usually the used calipers are listed with the brake lines already installed in the calipers, so you just change the whole assembly including brake lines, at least that's how I did mine, both front and back.

The GT PP i believe have different brake lines and master cylinder, but for the base GT and ecoboost they should be interchangeable.
I guess the part numbers screwed me up. Ford could have just made one part number and said it fit all variants instead of this bs with different part numbers for different variants. Eco and v6 have part number FR3Z-2078-A. The GT has part number FR3Z-2078-C. Both are for front right side.

Sponsored

MagneticEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They seem to be slightly different, with the GT ones having a slight bend, but I think a few people here have used the stock ones from the ecoboost, but for the price better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

They seem to be slightly different, with the GT ones having a slight bend, but I think a few people here have used the stock ones from the ecoboost, but for the price better to be safe than sorry.
Very true. Mine should be coming in tomorrow. One more day won't hurt anything.

MagneticEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck, don't forget to get new crush washers for the caliper end of the brake line.

Reactions: Ebm

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
For anyone that is interested we have a set of GT calipers with hoses still connected, rotors and shields for sale at the shop. Has about 20k miles on them. $250

Sponsored

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am about to install my set, and my friend did them a month ago, he told me I needed to shave a little off the stop on the rear to make them fit, I have done so and they are back from the powder coater so hopefully I took off enough material to also allow for the powder coat

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
whoever buys that brake set PLEASE TURN THOSE ROTORS!!!!!

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Somebody got a good deal. $250 for everything is definitely a good deal. I don't think doing the back brakes is worth it. No need. The front brakes, definitely. Took mine out for a drive tonight and the brake pedal feels much better with the 4 pots. For anybody wondering, I would definitely recommend getting The GT brake hoses. They have a curve to them that the regular eco brakes don't have.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I bought a set of front GT brakes from another member here and installed them on my Ecoboost no problem. The brake lines were included with the calipers and it was a direct bolt-on swap.

I'm also interested in swapping the backs with GT brakes but haven't found a rear set for sale yet.
Sponsored