Sponsored

GT 350 R LONG TERM VALUE

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
so a 2019 that was built in Sep '18 (best I can make out) that sat ROTTING on the dealer lot for 2.25 years before someone pried it out of a (no doubt ADM'd to the moon) dealer's grubby paws. And then flipped it 3 months later for MSRP adjusted for inflation. In other words, zero appreciation in value.
Not sure where you are geting some of your information as this R model was a late 2019 MY build and in fact was assembled in the summer of 2019 with the ordering dealership taking delivery in September 2019 (which is 12 months later than you indicated) and I believe this car sold just 3 months after the S.C. dealership took delivery.

If you are going to make statements about GT350R's sitting around and Rotting for 2 1/4 years before they finally sell I suggest that you get your facts right. :facepalm:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Pretty weak perspective man.... maybe if your 85 years old. I'm 35 (my R is on it's way btw). And I'm sure there are plenty of owners out there in their 20's who have LOTS of time to keep their R and watch it turn into a classic.

The point is this car is already becoming a collector car and the evidence is right in your face. You can still drive it, enjoy it and it can still appreciate in value. It doesn't have to be one way.
I agree that it will be the younger generation such as yourself that will benefit from the 2nd generation GT350/R's that will turn into classics as time is certainly on your side when it comes to these cool and exotic FPC engine and manual transmission cars.

I'm not 85 yet but certainly smart enough to know that my GT350/R's will probably not be classics while my time is still left on this earth.

Having said that and when it is time to let them go (which is not very long from now) I will do everything that I can to find a good home for them as that is quite important to me.

:clap:

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking that like most threads on an Original topic go off topic sometimes . Which can be great to learn other things but in this thread it’s about our recreational/entertainment type things to own and use for our lifestyles like boats RVs etc. that cost a lot of money and depreciate a lot. Not comparing it to property and correct stock market gains. Most cars bought for recreational entertainment depreciate some more than others.It’s refreshing to me to know that my GT 350 R is not taking a hit like most other high performance cars do . So to me it makes it a strong value to have an awesome car for entertainment and other venues and not lose much if any at all.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Is the best time to invest when the market is down but on the verge of going way up or after it's already exploded? Depreciation in regular R's have been minimal since going out of production, as others have already went up.

For those not paying attention in the last few months;
2020 R Vin 001 (2nd most popular spec, used) -- $142k at BJ
2020 R (same spec as above so not rare, new) - bidded to 90k at mecum but did not sell. Mecum had the car valued over 100k
2018 R (Black/black, most popular spec, new) -- $80,300 at mecum
2018 R (White/blue, new) -- $77,000 at mecum
2018 R (Grey/black, popular spec, new) -- $81,400 at mecum

There were 5 more R's sold recently at auction all going over msrp.

On your 65 Shelby point. Yes that is a great investment, but show me where you can buy one at the 78k price point? Can you get a full factory warranty on a 65? Not all of us can afford to buy a 65 GT350.

Another thing. People who care about the collector side of this car are not going in thinking one day this car is going to make us rich. It's not that kind of investment. But what we are going in thinking, I got a special ass car that that I'm going to drive and enjoy, and one day it has a good chance to be worth two or three times what I paid for it. That's a fucking win.

I don't understand your mid 20's negative point at all.
If you think your Shelby is going to go up in value 3x's what it's currently worth, you need to stop driving it right away. I get it that you're enamored by watching Mecum and thinking "coulda woulda shoulda", but it's highly doubtful your car will be rolling across that stage.

Not sure what you're asking about the market. Owning a modern day Shelby is not like buying an equity in a down market. There is no data that suggests that you've bought the dip when you bought your car. It's pure speculation and wishful thinking that the value of your car will "explode".

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you think your Shelby is going to go up in value 3x's what it's currently worth, you need to stop driving it right away. I get it that you're enamored by watching Mecum and thinking "coulda woulda shoulda", but it's highly doubtful your car will be rolling across that stage.

Not sure what you're asking about the market. Owning a modern day Shelby is not like buying an equity in a down market. There is no data that suggests that you've bought the dip when you bought your car. It's pure speculation and wishful thinking that the value of your car will "explode".
He is talking R, I think.... and he has the best color, too, so...

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

I believe he said the same thing you did. Curious

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
These cars will never be like the 69s and 70s you see on TV. They simply made too many of them.

With that said, I do believe GT350/R is the pinnacle of Mustang. The most revered cars in history were the right car at the right time.. and the GT350/R was certainly that. Greater than Chevy, Dodge, and even GT500..

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
These cars will never be like the 69s and 70s you see on TV. They simply made too many of them.

With that said, I do believe GT350/R is the pinnacle of Mustang. The most revered cars in history were the right car at the right time.. and the GT350/R was certainly that. Greater than Chevy, Dodge, and even GT500..
virtually no cars will. owners preserve and document cars today unlike they did in the 60's/70's. because of that there is much more supply to meet the demand.

Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I think I read that the buyers Fee on bring a trailer tops out at $2500 so if that is correct then the final cost was 74,500 to the buyer

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
And now on BaT.... a “in the wrapper” 2016 R in Race Red.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
2 year bump!
Sponsored