Group Buy - Short Throw Shifter - Boomba Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art_Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue Mustang GT
Installed it last night. Good quality. Easy installation - just take your time. Have not had a chance to drive it but feels good. Might need to buy a new knob in the future (using stock one now).

Still need to decide what will be the best way to "tighten up" the shifter (new fluids, install Steeda or Blowfish bracket, or just install new bushing).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Thanks! Yeah I had that in my box and read it. I just wasn't sure if heating it would give me enough to turn it that much. Until I just read it again and looked in the bottom of the knob. I remembered its a two piece knob. So you're not turning the threads when it is hot just the delrin! [emoji12] [emoji106]
The top of the knob will basically rotate on top of the core when heated, so the threads are not actually turning at that point. :thumbsup:

Installed it last night. Good quality. Easy installation - just take your time. Have not had a chance to drive it but feels good. Might need to buy a new knob in the future (using stock one now).

Still need to decide what will be the best way to "tighten up" the shifter (new fluids, install Steeda or Blowfish bracket, or just install new bushing).
Let us know what you think once you get some seat time in!

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium PP
Damn... they need to make announcements for this kind of stuff!:frusty::headbonk:

Anymore reviews of the product? seems only great things. This wouldn't impact any warranty claims would it?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
The top of the knob will basically rotate on top of the core when heated, so the threads are not actually turning at that point. [emoji106]

Let us know what you think once you get some seat time in!
Thanks! Worked like a charm. Delrin didn't even get that hot to the touch with a hair dryer on medium for a few minutes. Made 3 incremental turns during the process till it was straight. Only wearing a nitrile glove. Touched with my bare hand and still manageable. So that's a good sign for those who DD their mustang and it's left outside in the sun for a while or in the winter.

e605ee20f72079e6f610f8b81ca14ff7.jpg

I can't say the same about my oil cap though...it only can go on 1 of 2 ways neither are straight. Is this by design or did it not get etched properly? Also neck is more narrow than the stock one by a few mm, don't know if that's by design or not as well. The difference in the 2 orings makes me wonder if this will seal as good as stock. Otherwise it looks great with the Ford Racing coil covers! I put this image here bc I either can't or don't know how to add an image in a PM on tapatalk. But I PMed you too. Thanks, can't wait to have time to drive it now this weekend.

Edit: Talked to Boomba on the phone. They said the oil cap was designed for the Ecoboost. So that explains the difference in the neck diameter and why the logo isn't straight. He said they have a GT stock oil cap coming in for comparison.

Edit 2: Boomba confirmed the oil caps are different. They will be designing one specifically for the GT. I hope it ends looking just like the ecoboost one just the right inside diameter for the GT. He said probably over a month out on it being ready. So will just return this one in the meantime.

42cbe35d9562727d20b2044c7e00bf72.jpg

198342d19d9b5d2d1f8e372421242af6.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Art_Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue Mustang GT
Finally was able to take it out for a quick spin. So far, feels really good and it seems easier to get in the gears than before. Only issues I am having so far is I keep reaching for the shifter at the stock height and I want to grab it from the side rather than the top. Maybe it is time for a larger knob.

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
Finally was able to take it out for a quick spin. So far, feels really good and it seems easier to get in the gears than before. Only issues I am having so far is I keep reaching for the shifter at the stock height and I want to grab it from the side rather than the top. Maybe it is time for a larger knob.
My initial instinct was the same, but as with anything you will get used to it quickly. I drove a GT with a stock shifter the other day and it felt like I was shifting an 18-wheeler :lol:

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
My initial instinct was the same, but as with anything you will get used to it quickly. I drove a GT with a stock shifter the other day and it felt like I was shifting an 18-wheeler [emoji38]
Totally agree. I honestly has started to shop for a new knob, not anymoreee!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.