Sponsored

Group Buy: DCTMS Carbon Fiber/Leather RS550 Steering Wheel

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Got it all mounted up today. Absolutely love it. Definitely thicker than stock and just feels really good. Took less than an hour once I got back from buying an impact drill and a 24 mm socket, lol. I needed the tool anyway. Thanks to DCTMS for the quality product and to 50 Deep for organizing the group buy!:cheers::headbang:
39AC76E3-5D61-43FF-9763-7ACD5174A36A.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Got it all mounted up today. Absolutely love it. Definitely thicker than stock and just feels really good. Took less than an hour once I got back from buying an impact drill and a 24 mm socket, lol. I needed the tool anyway. Thanks to DCTMS for the quality product and to 50 Deep for organizing the group buy!:cheers::headbang:
You are welcome bro! Now I just need to get the rest of the guys squared away

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Looking good there guys!

I just noticed the buttons on the 350 are different than the GT. That button configuration makes so much more sense. I hate the set up of my cruise control. Too many buttons.

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You are welcome bro! Now I just need to get the rest of the guys squared away
For the price we're getting I've been good with waiting a bit. Thanks for getting this put together!

The installed pics are definitely helping with the wait too lol. Thanks to everyone posting!

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Thanks for those that have received their wheels for posting; keep em coming. Interested to see how the gray thread is going look. Thanks
Hang in there folks... definitely worth the cost and wait. I’m pulling for the rest of you to get them soon!:headbang:

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
I keep checking the mail but all I get are credit card offers and mortgage refinance offers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I keep checking the mail but all I get are credit card offers and mortgage refinance offers.
This made me laugh hard. Maybe I can sneak a few in your box when the steering wheel ships :D

I should have another timeline update for you guys early next week. We shipped about 3 gray leather steering wheels. I am anxiously awaiting those photos also.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
50, received my gray one on Tuesday but it was shipped to my inlaw's house (which is no big deal. Used my wife's PayPal and I guess somewhere that address popped up). I'll get it next weekend and post pics if none have been posted by then.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
please share your installation experience - tips and tricks - how the new steering wheel after the install. i'm thinking of purchasing one..

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
please share your installation experience - tips and tricks - how the new steering wheel after the install. i'm thinking of purchasing one..
There are a couple of CJ Pony Parts steering wheel install videos on youtube. The first is when Bill went to the GT350 wheel, the second is when he went to an aftermarket wheel. You can tell he learned a few tricks from experience between the videos - watch them both and you'll be in good shape. It really isn't difficult, just don't rush it and you'll be fine.

Just to reiterate a couple of points:
1. Disconnect your battery!
2. I found his second method for removing the airbag easier. He uses a hex key (4mm I think?) instead of the small pick, and I found this method to be extremely easy. You feel around for the spring, push on it, and the airbag just pops right out.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
50, received my gray one on Tuesday but it was shipped to my inlaw's house (which is no big deal. Used my wife's PayPal and I guess somewhere that address popped up). I'll get it next weekend and post pics if none have been posted by then.
Good thing we weren’t sending you something..... inappropriate :lol:
There are a couple of CJ Pony Parts steering wheel install videos on youtube. The first is when Bill went to the GT350 wheel, the second is when he went to an aftermarket wheel. You can tell he learned a few tricks from experience between the videos - watch them both and you'll be in good shape. It really isn't difficult, just don't rush it and you'll be fine.

Just to reiterate a couple of points:
1. Disconnect your battery!
2. I found his second method for removing the airbag easier. He uses a hex key (4mm I think?) instead of the small pick, and I found this method to be extremely easy. You feel around for the spring, push on it, and the airbag just pops right out.
Those install videos are gold. Good info.
Sponsored