Grinding noise when turning in reverse

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Are all you guys hearing the LSD clutches moaning when cold ? Mine certainly does it when reversing and turning when I first set off, but nothing after that. TADTS
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Are all you guys hearing the LSD clutches moaning when cold ? Mine certainly does it when reversing and turning when I first set off, but nothing after that. TADTS
Could be. Just strange that it never did it before and started at 33K miles.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I also have this problem and the symptoms are exactly as pointed out. Only happens when cold, backing out with turn of the wheel and also going forward while the wheels are turned and it only happens in the first minute of driving. My only suspicion is the wheel bearings having not enough grease and the bearing run dry for first minute or two . My car has 19k miles and it’s been doing this for last 5-6k miles. It’s very annoying, if anybody found out please share the solution

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I also have this problem and the symptoms are exactly as pointed out. Only happens when cold, backing out with turn of the wheel and also going forward while the wheels are turned and it only happens in the first minute of driving. My only suspicion is the wheel bearings having not enough grease and the bearing run dry for first minute or two . My car has 19k miles and it’s been doing this for last 5-6k miles. It’s very annoying, if anybody found out please share the solution
Certainly not wheel bearings - they would fail rapidly if dry.

Brake disks with rusty deposit on them ?

LSD certainly on mine

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Certainly not wheel bearings - they would fail rapidly if dry.

Brake disks with rusty deposit on them ?

LSD certainly on mine
I don't think it's disk brake rust because it doesn't make noise when steering is straight, and it seems the more steering angle there is the moaning gets louder too. The weird thing is that it goes away after a minute or two completely and until the car sits for a while and cool down it doesn't back.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Every time I back out of a parking space and turn the wheel, I am getting a very loud grinding noise from the front of the car. I only get the noise when turning the wheel in reverse, never going forward. I've tried tightening my lugs based on a suggestion from another post and it does not look like the wheels are rubbing on the wheel well. Suspension and wheels are all stock. It is definitely more of a grinding sound rather than a squealing/squeaking noise. Any thoughts on what it could be? I plan to take it to the dealer, but figured I would ask and try to save my self the time of having to leave the car at the dealer for a couple days.
Bad brake pad or dust shield rubbing the rotor maybe?
Sponsored