"Careful now"

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
The ONLY reason they are doing this is for the sales. Keeping existing customers happy is just a bonus for them.
& they're not doing a great job on that going by my lack of email :p

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Not sure why I should be doing their marketing for them but I just received the email below (a particular highlight being the spanish food on offer as the engines are built in Valencia :lol:):

Hello,

My name is Lee Allum and I am the new Vignale Relationship Manager at Gowrings Ford, Reading.

Part of this role is based on looking after the new Ford Mustang and its associated customer base.

As an enthusiast of the Mustang, be it through an enquiry, a purchased vehicle or a passing interest, I am pleased to offer you a personal invite to our much anticipated event for the Mustang at our dealership in Reading, Berks. We are using it as an opportunity for people from all walks of life to come and view and discuss the cars, its history and impact it has had over the years as an American icon of the road.

We have a wonderful collection of both new and historical Mustangs joining us for the evening for your viewing pleasure. The members of the local Mustang Owners Club and Community have very kindly offered their cars and support for this very special evening as well as providing us with invaluable knowledge of owning these wonderful machines. They will be here to answer any questions you may have regarding technical issues and the experience as a whole.

There will be Spanish flavoured refreshments provided in honour of the Mustangs engine being built in Valencia. A nice touch I’m sure you’ll agree.

We will also have a fantastic image display on the exterior of the showroom that really needs to be seen to be believed!

There will be an introduction from our UK Managing Director, Andy Barrett to start proceedings as well as various members of the Sales Team and technical department on hand should you require any assistance.

We will, of course be able to take orders on the night should you wish to do so as well as the option to join the Mustang Owners Community to make the whole ownership experience that little bit extra special. Test drives will not take place on the night but we are more than happy to book an appointment for one in the future should you wish to do so.

The event is being held at:

Gowrings of Reading,

160 Basingstoke Road

Reading, Berkshire

RG2 0HJ

Thursday 11th February @ 6pm-9pm

I sincerely hope you are able to make it and I look forward to meeting you in person on arrival.
Thanks for posting the info. Sounds like Andy Barratt is only going to be there briefly.

A word of career advice you could pass on to Lee - learn to spell your bosses name correctly! ;)

I think I'll email them and see if I can blag an invitation.

Sponsored

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible

Happy to forward you my invite if you want to use it? I can't make it.

Just pm me your email address & I'll send it over

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Gonna just turn out; sure it'll be fine... initially they won't know me from any new punter. Be interesting if they kick me out though, it wouldn't be pretty ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna just turn out; sure it'll be fine... initially they won't know me from any new punter. Be interesting if they kick me out though, it wouldn't be pretty ;)
They aint gonna kick you out are they, lets be honest, they're trying to hold a reputation, unless you're being a monumental n0b they've got no reason to! :lol:

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
To be fair Andy has been good, he jumped on my situation. Andy and Karen where superb.

They didn't have to do it but the fact is they did and have been fabulous. They have set a high bar for Ford UK dealers to live up to and I am sure Andy will push this down the line.

If you have a genuine complaint I can only recommend emailing them and seeing what happens.

I for one have been very impressed. :headbang::cheers:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
If you have a genuine complaint I can only recommend emailing them and seeing what happens.
No complaint from me, just the opposite in fact. I was hoping to pass on my thanks ..... and also ask about any plans for a UK GT350 :D

Sponsored

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
They aint gonna kick you out are they, lets be honest, they're trying to hold a reputation, unless you're being a monumental n0b they've got no reason to! :lol:
Yeah I know, just venting my frustration :) Looking forward to it... should be good. I'll also try not to be too much of a nob too :p

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
I'm in Valencia at the moment - I'll let you know if I see any stray engines roaming about :ford:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
..............(a particular highlight being the spanish food on offer as the engines are built in Valencia :lol:):

My name is Lee Allum and I am the new Vignale Relationship Manager at Gowrings Ford, Reading.

Part of this role is based on looking after the new Ford Mustang and its associated customer base.

.............There will be Spanish flavoured refreshments provided in honour of the Mustangs engine being built in Valencia. A nice touch I’m sure you’ll agree.

The first engines were built in Valencia, for US cars, but they opened a new plant in the US soon after production started so I believe they are now made in the US. Of course the dealer would know better than......oh, hang on.

Only the genius that is Ford would call the guy looking after the Mustang customers the 'Vignale Relationship Manager'. The 'Vignale and Mustang Relationship Manager' would have been less insulting. The Mustang Relationship Manager, or Unicorn, would have been nice.

I have nothing to complain about with my dealer. Nothing, zilch, nada; because that's what he's done for me.

Nothing.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I'm in Valencia at the moment - I'll let you know if I see any stray engines roaming about :ford:
Oh I remember. It was a Ford press release!
Spanish food in honour of the all American Mustang. :lol:

Ford Cleveland Engine Plant Begins Production of the New Twin-Scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost and 2.3-liter EcoBoost Engines

•Production officially begins on the all-new twin-scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost and 2.3-liter EcoBoost engines for North America at Cleveland Engine Plant in Ohio, marking the first time Ford has built these engines in the U.S.
•Twin-scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine is available in all-new Ford Edge; 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine is available for Ford Explorer, Ford Mustang and Lincoln MKC
•New Edge and Explorer launching this year when utility sales are growing at three times the rate of the global vehicle industry

CLEVELAND, March 6, 2015 – Ford today announced the official production start of the all-new twin-scroll 2.0-liter and 2.3-liter EcoBoost engines for North America at its Cleveland Engine Plant in Ohio. The announcement marks the first time these engines are being produced in the U.S.

The twin-scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine is available in the all-new Ford Edge, launching in first quarter of 2015. The 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine is available in the all-new Ford Mustang, Explorer and Lincoln MKC.

“With more than 4 million Eco Boost-powered vehicles on the road today, Cleveland Engine has been at the forefront of our plan to provide our customers with fuel-efficient, affordable engines,” said Bruce Hettle, Ford vice president of North America Manufacturing. “The hardworking team at Cleveland Engine is proud to build two of the most technologically advanced engines on the market today.”

In 2013, Ford invested nearly $200 million and added 450 new jobs to support production and rising consumer demand for the EcoBoost engine. The company made the move to assemble engines regionally to help optimize production capabilities around the world.

Production of the twin-scroll 2.0-liter and 2.3-liter EcoBoost engines for North America were previously based in Valencia, Spain. The investment in Cleveland shifted North American production to Ohio, leaving Ford’s Valencia Engine Plant as the exclusive production location of 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine for Ford of Europe-built vehicles. Valencia will continue to machine and ship components for both engines to North America,

Cleveland Engine Plant also builds the 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine and 3.7-liter V6 rear-wheel drive application. The Ohio facility employs more than 1,300 people and has produced more than 1 million Eco Boost engines since 2009 that have been used to support Ford operations in North America, Mexico, Europe and Asia Pacific.

EcoBoost leadership
As the cornerstone of Ford’s global engine strategy to reduce fuel consumption and emissions, EcoBoost, introduced in 2009, can deliver significantly better fuel economy than larger-displacement engines. EcoBoost uses smaller overall engine size combined with turbocharging, gasoline direct injection and variable valve timing for the power customers want and the fuel economy they need.
EcoBoost is now available on 100 percent of the 2015 light-duty Ford lineup in North America, and Ford produced more than 1.6 million EcoBoost engines globally in 2014, up more than 30 percent from 2013. More than 190,000 EcoBoost engines now are produced every month, up 90 percent from 2013. In 2014, annual global EcoBoost engine capacity reached approximately 2.3 million units.

Global Utilities Sales Growth; Edge and Explorer Launching in 2015
Utility vehicles are the fastest-growing segment globally – up 135 percent since 2009. Utilities account for roughly 20 percent of overall market globally. By 2020, utility vehicle sales are expected to reach 23 percent of the global industry.

“With the new 2.0 and 2.3-liter EcoBoost engines featured in the all-new Edge and Explorer, Ford is well-positioned to benefit from the rapidly growing utility vehicle segment,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president of U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Utility sales are growing at three times the rate of the global vehicle industry.”

Ford has been the No. 1 brand of utility vehicles in the U.S. for four straight years. In 2014, the company sold more than 1.4 million utility vehicles around the world, up 11 percent compared with the previous year.

Edge is a technology showcase featuring including adaptive steering, enhanced active park assist, side parking sensors and a front 180-degree camera. It is offered with the 2.0-liter or a 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine.

The new Explorer is a significant update to the SUV icon that defined the segment when it launched in 1990. Along with a new look and the new engine 2.3-liter I-4 EcoBoost, Explorer new features include: front and rear 180-degree wide angle cameras with washers; enhanced active park assist with perpendicular park, parking side sensors; smart-charging front-and-rear USB ports; and a hands-free kick-activated lift gate.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...w-twin-sc.html

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Only the genius that is Ford would call the guy looking after the Mustang customers the 'Vignale Relationship Manager'. The 'Vignale and Mustang Relationship Manager' would have been less insulting. The Mustang Relationship Manager, or Unicorn, would have been nice.

I have nothing to complain about with my dealer. Nothing, zilch, nada; because that's what he's done for me.

Nothing.
I noticed my sales woman's card said the same after I picked up mine. Wasn't the Vignale the first model sold by the Ford Stores? I wonder how many they have sold compared to the mustang and focus rs?

Still, I got my "welcome to ford ownership" mail from Andy this morning.
Sponsored