Gowring's of Reading event - 11th February

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I spoke with Stuart and Lee at the dealership this morning - they confirmed that the details of the evening do on 11th are not yet finalised, which is why you will not have had the invitation email as yet. They were grateful for me telling them that the news was out and on this forum!

So, watch your mail in-box for the invite sometime soon!
Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I think I might try to get along to this if Andy Barratt is going to be there, even though it's quite a drive from Wolverhampton. Not sure if I will take the GT, does anyone know what the parking situation is there? ......

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think I might try to get along to this if Andy Barratt is going to be there, even though it's quite a drive from Wolverhampton. Not sure if I will take the GT, does anyone know what the parking situation is there? ......
You have a Mustang, for a Mustang meet, make them move the sh1tty KA's and give you priority ;)

Sponsored

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
According to the team at Gowrings, the intention is that Mr Barratt will be there - however he is not confirmed as yet.

As for parking, the lot (which you can see on google street view: 160 Basingstoke Road, Reading) has limited customer parking and is mainly given over to stock. I would hope that some space is cleared for customer Mustangs for the evening!

Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'13 Boss 302
According to the team at Gowrings, the intention is that Mr Barratt will be there - however he is not confirmed as yet.

As for parking, the lot (which you can see on google street view: 160 Basingstoke Road, Reading) has limited customer parking and is mainly given over to stock. I would hope that some space is cleared for customer Mustangs for the evening!
A little further information for you... As you'll see from TT's post, I've been working with the chap organising the event. The plan was to clear some space on the forecourt to allow space for "Mustang Owners" parking, which will likely include a mixture of cars ranging from old 1960s classic Mustangs all the way up to 2005-2014 S197s and obviously 2015+ S550s.

Jury said:
I spoke with Stuart and Lee at the dealership this morning - they confirmed that the details of the evening do on 11th are not yet finalised, which is why you will not have had the invitation email as yet. They were grateful for me telling them that the news was out and on this forum!
The guys should be aware the event has been posted on this and a few other Mustang forums, as I've shared the URLs and other info (with their events co-coordinator). I guess they'd better get the invites rolling out to customers if they wish people to attend, as it's only a couple of weeks away...;)

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
A little further information for you... As you'll see from TT's post, I've been working with the chap organising the event. The plan was to clear some space on the forecourt to allow space for "Mustang Owners" parking, which will likely include a mixture of cars ranging from old 1960s classic Mustangs all the way up to 2005-2014 S197s and obviously 2015+ S550s.

The guys should be aware the event has been posted on this and a few other Mustang forums, as I've shared the URLs and other info (with their events co-coordinator). I guess they'd better get the invites rolling out to customers if they wish people to attend, as it's only a couple of weeks away...;)
OK, cool. In that case I might well bring the Mustang. Cheers for the info.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Does anyone know if any further details have been confirmed for this shindig? ..... specifically whether Andy Barratt will be attending? ...... Cheers.

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Does anyone know if any further details have been confirmed for this shindig? ..... specifically whether Andy Barratt will be attending? ...... Cheers.
I have had an invite - but nothing in there that we don't already know.

Sponsored

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
I have had an invite - but nothing in there that we don't already know.
Really? Email? Letter?

Can I assume that this isn't invite only? Was gonna pop along with daughter (who's a bit of a petrol head too).

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Really? Email? Letter?

Can I assume that this isn't invite only? Was gonna pop along with daughter (who's a bit of a petrol head too).
An email, from yet another contact there who is their (new) Vignale relationship bod.

It was a 'personal' invite - so personal they didn't even bother putting my name in the Dear field.

They continue to impress with their 5* dealership experience.... NOT.

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
An email, from yet another contact there who is their (new) Vignale relationship bod.

It was a 'personal' invite - so personal they didn't even bother putting my name in the Dear field.

They continue to impress with their 5* dealership experience.... NOT.
Mmmmm, no surprise there then eh?

Okay well I guess they have something on then so balls to it, invite or no invite..... I'm going ;)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I got an email invite on Friday with a word document attached. This follows an email & phone call from the dealership a few days before - apparently I had registered my interest in buying a Mustang :lol:

Probably on the back of my request for a brochure.
Sponsored