Got some good news today

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
To take advantage of the GT350 IM, don't you also need a larger TB and injectors...or at least a remapping?
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if it is the stock intake on the Gen 3 Coyote now? Larger purchase order from supplier = lower prices across the board...

SQ

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What other bits are required? Part numbers please? So much want!!

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Wonder if it is the stock intake on the Gen 3 Coyote now? Larger purchase order from supplier = lower prices across the board...

SQ
Honestly, thought the same thing.

I'm kind of shocked more people don't know the intricacies of this swap. Look up the install information for Power Pack 3 also check YouTube for videos.

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
So this is for sure the GT350 Manifold?

Sponsored

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Just making sure before I buy lol.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
That's why I posted the screen grab in the first pic. That's from the nationwide dealer inventory program (OE Connection) sent to me by my good friend who is a Ford parts manager.
Anyone can see this at fordparts.com; get a Shelby VIN, go to fordparts.com, enter the VIN and under search by part number enter 9424, which is the base part # for an intake manifold. Set your "My Dealer" option to Tasca, ANF White Bear, or any dealer that you know sells at 5-10% over cost. The new list price of $952 will show up and then the dealers price will show. Again, Tasca is the cheapest currently.

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
Oh snap, that's not what I think it is, is it? Hint - it starts with G and rhymes with GT350 Intake Manifold.

Good find!

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase

SQ
This will not be the stock manifold for the new Gen coyote motor. Being direct injected, there is no room down in the intake valley for this GT350 mani to fit. The new, additional injectors and plumbing will prevent this. I bet there are discounting because this manifold will only be used 1 more year for the real GT350 car.

Sponsored

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Just got off the phone with Steve at Tasca. Currently the 350 manifold is back ordered from all Ford sources. Ford Racing is showing an ETA of middle of May and Ford OEM is showing middle of June. Steve said that with speciality parts/vehicles like the GT350 Ford may place a vin restriction on the Ford OEM part. This would require you to have a vin number in order to purchase the Ford OEM piece at the $600 dollar cost. He also said that some vin restricted parts require proof of ownership as well.

He said best option is to wait and see if the part will be able to be purchased through Ford OEM for the discounted cost without vin requirement. Unless you're willing to pay the $900+ cost from ford racing.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I bet there are discounting because this manifold will only be used 1 more year for the real GT350 car.
To be clear Ford isn't discounting anything, the part number has changed because some revision has been made, this usually means but is not limited to either an improvement or a new supplier.

This intake was in stock at 3 dealers last night today there is only one dealer that has it on the shelf, all warehouses show 0. I called the dealer that has one and it was an over the counter order that took 5 days. It does not appear VIN locked as of now.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
And I tried 3 different GT350 VIN and none came up with this new part number, all go back to revision "B"

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
And I tried 3 different GT350 VIN and none came up with this new part number, all go back to revision "B"
Look at the list price, is it 952? That's C

You will see an A and B on fordparts.com but as long as list is 952 that's C
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.