Got my 5Spurs Shifter surround today!

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I am thinking about getting one of these. What is the installation like? Is it difficult?
It's just 2 piece of 3m tape on the back, so you just pull off the tape strips then line it up and press on like a sticker.

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #4310 & 1968 Mustang Fastback Bullitt
Mines out for delivery today!

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm glad I didn't order one. To my OCD, a 'cover', especially with holes, wouldn't pass muster. Ha ha. The only good news is there's no need to remove anything. But for those who want a smooth surround, the GT350 one is just like ours, but without the 'Sync' crap on it. It bothered me initially, but it's hardly visible, and with the luck I've had removing crap on this car, decided to leave it alone. But if I ever have to remove that piece for some reason, I'd just get the OEM GT350 one.

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
Here's mine. I do wish it had wrapped more down the front to cover the whole bezel. That way the holes could have been hidden more.

IMG_1745.jpg

sicilianjg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Here's mine. I do wish it had wrapped more down the front to cover the whole bezel. That way the holes could have been hidden more.

IMG_1745.jpg
Yes, I agree with you that is the area that was my concern those holes!

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I do wish it had wrapped more down the front to cover the whole bezel. That way the holes could have been hidden more.
Yeah. No way I'd leave that thing in there myself. Unlike the cup-holder cover, which looks OEM, and I'm very happy with, that thing looks tacked on, and more like a PepBoys accessory, than a 5Spurs one. And the holes only make it worse. Sorry to be blunt.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
One idea may be to make 2 tabs that hang off to hold it by while adding the color process, when done snip those tabs off and round then over.

Personally it doesn't bother me at all, but get how it does some.

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. No way I'd leave that thing in there myself. Unlike the cup-holder cover, which looks OEM, and I'm very happy with, that thing looks tacked on, and more like a PepBoys accessory, than a 5Spurs one. And the holes only make it worse. Sorry to be blunt.
Yep, a little disappointed as the center caps and arm rest are top notch. The finish on this is little unclean as well.

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It fits the green interior better than the silver. Could it be different/better, yes, but its still good work. Appreciate your hard work Kevin, I know you did your best.
Sponsored