Sponsored

Got away with one today.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I notice on some traction stability control systems, it applies brake to the inner back wheel because it's turning too fast causing the torque to be sent abruptly to the outer back wheel to cause a slide.
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine came with the 255 P zero neros (not P zeros) which are still considered summer only tires and they grip well down in the 40's.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Pulling out to make a left today I cut one closer than I should have. Since there was traffic rapidly approaching I gave it some gas while turning. Oops, back end broke free and I almost swung around and hit a car. Nothing hurt but my ego.
Whew! Be careful out there and don't accelerate with the wheel turned. :headbonk:
I did the same thing after it rained. Turning and accelerating at the same time is risky business and that's with traction control.

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
I did this during a test drive of all things. Decided right there that the GT would not work out well for my wife. Got the Eco instead.
Even the Eco will want to go sideways if you romp on it in a turn, say in 2nd gear and Sport+ mode... :D

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Even the Eco will want to go sideways if you romp on it in a turn, say in 2nd gear and Sport+ mode... :D
AGREED,.. TOTALLY.. HAPPNED TODAY heheh.. it was raining i wqa sin sport + and my car was waka waka

Sponsored

magnus_1986

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A 6M TY
This. Coming from a sub-200 HP Subaru, I was not expecting this level of "fun" with the traction control on. Let's just say it was a pulse-raising first week of ownership.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
This. Coming from a sub-200 HP Subaru, I was not expecting this level of "fun" with the traction control on. Let's just say it was a pulse-raising first week of ownership.
I've never owned any car with more than 300hp and my last sports car had 159ftlbs and 230hp. The GT is just such a jump it's plenty fast on the street.

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
Same lol. My previous car was a 2000 Honda Accord V4 - 150 HP :D Suffice to say, the GT is the way to go.

smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Auto, 13 Escape SEL
Even with traction control ON, these cars allow some wheel spin before reducing power. If you're starting and turning simultaneously that may be too far to catch it.. Especially if it's cooler and you're on summer tires. These cars make a lot of power quickly. Very rev happy engine with plenty of torque to overwhelm grip. :cool:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've never owned any car with more than 300hp and my last sports car had 159ftlbs and 230hp. The GT is just such a jump it's plenty fast on the street.
:clap2:

My last car had 190 HP, 5 spd manual. This has been a huge jump in power. The first week or so the car was "ahead of me" as I had to get used to how much power there was on tap and how to use it properly on the street. Even after having it for 6 months it still makes me smile and I never want for more. This experience has taught me that unless it's an economy car for economy's sake, I'll never have another car that doesn't have significantly more power than you can use (and in particular for daily driving, torque). It's just so nice to be able to go quickly on the street w/o having to flog the car.

Sponsored

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
I've had issues with the PP PZero tires in cool temps. They really are great though when warm out but very scary when cool. Once this set wears out I'll buy a set that isn't so hard in cool temps.

Last edited:

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
This may be a dumb question, but is it still possible to spin out in normal driving mode with dry roads? I was under the impression that traction control and stability control prevents that.
A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y-!

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Should never power into a turn, unless you are expecting it.....

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Yep, this is something I'm going to have to get used to. Right now in my Acura I can jam the throttle and pull out in the rain no problem. It's awesome. Gonna miss that feature.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
You can def spin in normal mode. I did it at autocross when it was 60's and damp around a turn. The tires broke traction suddenly without warning.

1) These tires dont do well in the cold (The GTPP Pirellis).
2) Dont rely on TC or the ESP.
Sponsored