Got a Roomba for Christmas...

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Make sure the power input for the charging station is a minimum 117 VAC. Don't use any of the cheaper low power outlets.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I love this thing! Sure it takes about 10 times as long to get the downstairs vacuumed but it's one less thing I have to do. I run it daily and it seems to be learning the floor plan. I'm trying to think of mods for it. Needs longer battery life and more suction power and move speed so it gets the job done faster. I'm okay with the added drone if performance is increased. Carbon Fiber parts might be needed. Maybe some racing stripes? Magnetic dampers? My furnace has a filter that electrocutes some debris so maybe something like that in the Roomba's dust bin so it can go longer before emptying. Stock wheels and tires seem fine, good even wear and looking like I'll se some great millage.
53504486.jpg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
We have had a Roomba for about 6 months and while I like the concept, but the execution is lacking.
It's not very smart and goes over some of the same areas multiple times.
It stops for no apparent reason and no errors reported.
It says it's full when it is almost empty.
It says the contacts need cleaning when there is just a little dust on them. This seems like a design flaw, since a vacuum cleaner is going to be around dust constantly.

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
We have had a Roomba for about 6 months and while I like the concept, but the execution is lacking.
It's not very smart and goes over some of the same areas multiple times.
It stops for no apparent reason and no errors reported.
It says it's full when it is almost empty.
It says the contacts need cleaning when there is just a little dust on them. This seems like a design flaw, since a vacuum cleaner is going to be around dust constantly.
Only takes a second to wipe the sensors off and no issues. What do you mean stopping without errors? Mine will stop and "search" for something. I think it's calculating the most efficient way to get to the corner it hasn't cleaned yet. Does yours stop and just say it's done? How long have you had it? Min is just a few weeks old and now cleans my entire main floor in one charge and as long as I have it run daily, I don't have to empty it's waste bin till it's done too. Have you named it properly yet? I named mine and it seemed to make a difference. Johnny.5NotAlive. I know it's crazy but vacuuming out the robot vacuum and giving it proper maintenance makes a huge difference in operation.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Only takes a second to wipe the sensors off and no issues. What do you mean stopping without errors? Mine will stop and "search" for something. I think it's calculating the most efficient way to get to the corner it hasn't cleaned yet. Does yours stop and just say it's done? How long have you had it? Min is just a few weeks old and now cleans my entire main floor in one charge and as long as I have it run daily, I don't have to empty it's waste bin till it's done too. Have you named it properly yet? I named mine and it seemed to make a difference. Johnny.5NotAlive. I know it's crazy but vacuuming out the robot vacuum and giving it proper maintenance makes a huge difference in operation.
Mine worked a lot better when it was newer. Now, it seems to have become unpredictable. As I stated, it stops for no apparent reason with no indications of why. I leave it to see if it is going to do anything else, but it just sits there. After about 1/2 hour I pick it up and put it in the docking station. It charges itself for about 15 minutes then goes out and vacuums everything all over again and completes the job normally, like nothing unusual happened. This has occurred recently about 3 or 4 times.

It frequently does the same area over again several times, especially if it has to recharge before it can finish. This has gotten a lot worse over time. If it did things only once or twice, it wouldn't need to recharge.

I should mention it seemed to perform better when I used an air hose to clean it, the bin and filter. But, my compressor broke, so I can't do that any more. I'm not sure if this when it started to behave erratically. But, it has never been good about finding an efficient vacuuming pattern.

I think the model we have is a 900. I believe there are newer and more expensive models available now.

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Mine worked a lot better when it was newer. Now, it seems to have become unpredictable. As I stated, it stops for no apparent reason with no indications of why. I leave it to see if it is going to do anything else, but it just sits there. After about 1/2 hour I pick it up and put it in the docking station. It charges itself for about 15 minutes then goes out and vacuums everything all over again and completes the job normally, like nothing unusual happened. This has occurred recently about 3 or 4 times.

It frequently does the same area over again several times, especially if it has to recharge before it can finish. This has gotten a lot worse over time. If it did things only once or twice, it wouldn't need to recharge.

I should mention it seemed to perform better when I used an air hose to clean it, the bin and filter. But, my compressor broke, so I can't do that any more. I'm not sure if this when it started to behave erratically. But, it has never been good about finding an efficient vacuuming pattern.

I think the model we have is a 900. I believe there are newer and more expensive models available now.
Hmmm. Mine is a 900 series too but still really new. Sounds like yours needs a good cleaning and/or call customer service. Could have other issues?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Hmmm. Mine is a 900 series too but still really new. Sounds like yours needs a good cleaning and/or call customer service. Could have other issues?
Basically, my Roomba wonders around aimlessly and stops when and where it feels like it, or performs perfectly, whatever it feels like doing. I have thought of calling customer service (again), but what do I tell them, "My Roomba is possessed".

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Basically, my Roomba wonders around aimlessly and stops when and where it feels like it, or performs perfectly, whatever it feels like doing. I have thought of calling customer service (again), but what do I tell them, "My Roomba is possessed".
The older software would have them run randomly, mine goes in a more grid pattern before doing the entire perimeter of the room. My parents is an older one like yours that is completely random traveling. Do you have the app on your phone or device so you can adjust it's settings? That may also helps a few things.
Sponsored