OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Thanks guys for all your responses. Insurance did decide to pay the ACV of the car, plus I have GAP insurance so that will cover the negative. But aside from the whole insurance stuff. Might as well ask you guys opinions on what my next car should be: Here are my 2 options, and I'm just going to keep my budget at under $32k.

Option 1: Dodge Charge RT
-It still has a V8, it sounds great, its not as fast as my Mustang but its still pretty fast, it looks good, I can find one for 27k,

Option 2: Ford Explorer Base or XLT
-Its an attractive big SUV, very comfortable on the inside obviously, smooth ride, I like the feeling of riding high
-Downside being it doesn't have a V8 and if I were to keep my budget at under $32k I'm looking at a regular 3.5L V6 Engine

Have any of you had experiences with these 2 specific cars?
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Thanks guys for all your responses. Insurance did decide to pay the ACV of the car, plus I have GAP insurance so that will cover the negative. But aside from the whole insurance stuff. Might as well ask you guys opinions on what my next car should be: Here are my 2 options, and I'm just going to keep my budget at under $32k.

Option 1: Dodge Charge RT
-It still has a V8, it sounds great, its not as fast as my Mustang but its still pretty fast, it looks good, I can find one for 27k,

Option 2: Ford Explorer Base or XLT
-Its an attractive big SUV, very comfortable on the inside obviously, smooth ride, I like the feeling of riding high
-Downside being it doesn't have a V8 and if I were to keep my budget at under $32k I'm looking at a regular 3.5L V6 Engine

Have any of you had experiences with these 2 specific cars?

Explorer as I got married and bought a house after I got my second 5.0. I got lucky in that I could use the company truck for renovations.

BTW: This is the wrong venue for these questions... Go the mopar forums and ask. You’ll get the real info there...

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I've owned a 3.5 l naturally aspirated Ford explorer all wheel drive and I've only one with the turbo. The 3.5 na I have used for hauling as much as eight thousand pounds but there's really no power left. For just around the town driving or hauling people it's sufficient. It won't be as fast as the Dodge with a V8 but it won't drink nearly as much gasoline. If you get the turbo which cost more it'll run circles around the Dodge with a V8 and get much better gas mileage. The off the line torque with a turbo beats the V8 to every time. If you look for a strip down explorer sport you can get one for the high 30s and it's a significantly better car then the explorer XLT with a lot of stock in standard equipment. The ride is significantly better even though it's a bit firmer and the car itself is much quieter. later if you decide to get a tune you can increase your horsepower and torque by 25 to 30% with a tune only. Turbos just make massive power with a tune.
Sponsored