Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Been trying to get a VVR from my dealer but haven't heard back so I called Detroit. Last I heard, my vehicle was scheduled to the day of 10/29.

However, when I called this morning, I was told,

"It's scheduled to start production on 10/14."

This is crazy and without a doubt, the smart thing to do is just forget about it and wait for the call from the dealer that the vehicle has arrived. Otherwise, I may need the assistance of a shrink! Unfortunately, "smart" isn't my shoe size. <chuckling>

Hope a bunch more people get the same sort of news.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@kilobravo
Make sure you ask for the status history rather than current status. The status history will have the current status.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Couldn't stand not knowing for sure what was going on so I called again.

Noah confirmed the car is scheduled for production the week of 10/14 but now the car no longer has a build date. He even said, you should probably see the car by the end of the month.

He also said that moving BACKWARDS was rare and that I should be quite happy about that. Of course, I told him I was ECSTATIC. :-)

But WTF is going on? Why are some people with earlier order dates and lower VIN's, being moved behind others with older orders and higher VIN's?

I have to believe that FOMOCO knows what they're doing and is getting by this bump in the road the best they can but dang, they sure make you wonder.
Sponsored