Sponsored

Good deal: Sport Cup 2s at Walmart

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Could someone please post a link for 255 40 19 Michelin Super Sports? Or something similar?

Sincerely,

An Ecoboost owner :)
Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Fwiw I asked about what tires I could buy that my dealer would cover under TireCare warranty and they said any that match OEM size specs identically for front and rear. Kind of eliminates 305s all the way around for me.
Good to know, as I was wondering this too. However, I'm considering cancelling my tire care program which I paid $1080 for 5 years as the contract says they measure inside/middle/outside tread and it ANY spot is under 3/32nd they will not honor EITHER tire or rim damage. The oem cup 2's on my R measure 1/32nd outside and 5/32nd middle and inside as BRAND NEW, so I have a problem with this and have yet to get something from Ford in writing that I"m not going to have to jump through hoops and fight for a warranty claim on a tire.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good to know, as I was wondering this too. However, I'm considering cancelling my tire care program which I paid $1080 for 5 years as the contract says they measure inside/middle/outside tread and it ANY spot is under 3/32nd they will not honor EITHER tire or rim damage. The oem cup 2's on my R measure 1/32nd outside and 5/32nd middle and inside as BRAND NEW, so I have a problem with this and have yet to get something from Ford in writing that I"m not going to have to jump through hoops and fight for a warranty claim on a tire.
I didn't buy that policy for the tires, I bought them for the wheels. Tires is icing on the cake. Good point however, I need to get clarification in writing pertaining to the tires.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
sounds like over inflation or alignment issue.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
sounds like over inflation or alignment issue.
The car is brand new, measured with 120 easy street miles on it. The Cup 2 tires outside tread depth is virtually non-existant as brand new.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't buy that policy for the tires, I bought them for the wheels. Tires is icing on the cake. Good point however, I need to get clarification in writing pertaining to the tires.
Yes, that is my point, if your tread is below 3/32nd per the contract they will also DENY WHEEL DAMAGE! My concern is driving home after a track day with freshly made 2/32nd tires (even in one spot) and hit a pothole and crack a wheel, Ford can deny my rim claim just b/c the contract says they can when tire wear is below 3/32nd.

I also am not wanting to be forced into new pricey tires prematurely. The Cup 2's are already like slicks for dry/track only, so I'm not worried about replacing them until they are getting close to the chords. Replacing prematurely is going to add up fast.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The car is brand new, measured with 120 easy street miles on it. The Cup 2 tires outside tread depth is virtually non-existant as brand new.
their is no measurable tread depth for the shoulders for the type of tire it is. I just mounted new SC2's on my R, I understand the wear of the tires. Just trying to add insight. This is my second GT350 and both factory alignments were within spec but not optimal. I have used camber bolts for both fronts and properly had the car aligned. proper alignment should even out the wear for street driving but again these tires are so soft, even a little spirited drive will shave of rubber from the shoulders. I experimented with camber and toe for a good balance and may be settling with factory toe and just a lil bit more -camber for street driving. For the track its an absolute must to align with FP specs and maybe even more camber dependent on track.

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn you guys. I really didn't have that kind of coin laying around, but knowing the OEM cup2's will be completely shot after this weekend, I picked up a set for HR361. 305's and 315's.

$1,131.33 shipped to my door. At that price, I couldn't pass it up.

Seriously...... thanks!
I'm going to do the same for my R, $1,121.78 shipped less 3% cashback on product (before tax) = $1,089.26. Don't love what happened to the Cup 2's after 5 track days here though: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...-day-longevity-sport-cup2-vs-super-sport.html

Do they even make Super Sport tires in oem sizes for the R, or are those only for the base 350? For example, the 305 size SS tire listed is 305/35/19 yet the R stock size is 305/30/19 in the front. If I'm keeping the tire warranty, I need to at least run oem sizes but would probably try the Super Sports if they were cheaper given the longer life and better ability to drive in rain on the road.

Sponsored

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Same. Will be interesting to see what arrives. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they end up cancelling these orders.
Amazon made good with their mixup on the oil, so I'm hoping Walmart does the same thing.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Yeah - I'm thinking someone @ Walmart is going to see this abnormal spike and do some digging... hopefully they 1) have the stock to ship and 2) honor their pricing on the right tires.

Has anyone's order placed yesterday left 'preparing order' status?
Look above your post..
Sponsored