Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Look at how terrible the Hummer was/is……it can’t even go 100 miles pulling anything. I would stay away from anything GM builds on the electric side.
The new EV lightning is catching on fire…no pun intended 😂
Sponsored

Mitch03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
That depends on which brand and model you are talking about and where they are in their production ramp up plans. Fact of the matter is, dealers can’t keep them in supply because customers want more than the plants can build and keep up with for now. in most cases ir
ts because the plants are not up to full production capability yet. In the case of Mach E, production simply can’t keep up with demand. Dealers have roughly 11 days stock in a market that typically likes to keep 60 day stock.
I was referring to the bolt….

Mitch03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
That depends on which brand and model you are talking about and where they are in their production ramp up plans. Fact of the matter is, dealers can’t keep them in supply because customers want more than the plants can build and keep up with for now. in most cases ir
ts because the plants are not up to full production capability yet. In the case of Mach E, production simply can’t keep up with demand. Dealers have roughly 11 days stock in a market that typically likes to keep 60 day stock.
As far as can’t keep Ev‘s in supply, that’s true for all cars ICE or EV, especially ICE If we are talking about demand. Everything has to be ordered.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I was referring to the bolt….
As far as can’t keep Ev‘s in supply, that’s true for all cars ICE or EV, especially ICE If we are talking about demand. Everything has to be ordered.
When I go online and search for Bolt EV within 100 miles of me, I get 10 hits, of which 9 are in transit and one on the lot. And I live within driving distance to the plant where it’s produced.

When I do the same search for a Colorado pickup (very popular truck) I can find 65 on dealer lots. When I check Equinox (best selling Chevy after Silverado) I get 715 hits. For Ford and GM, inventories are back to almost pre-supply chain levels.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
When I go online and search for Bolt EV within 100 miles of me,
I searched for Bolts around me. What an ugly car. Second, all the used ones that came up had low miles. Tells me the owners did not like driving them.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I searched for Bolts around me. What an ugly car. Second, all the used ones that came up had low miles. Tells me the owners did not like driving them.
And yet, they sell. Go figure.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
And yet, they sell. Go figure.
There are a bunch of 2019's 20's and 21 with 9000 miles or less. One 18 had 50K the avg was 4000 per year miles in a pool of 25 cars. I can't believe they all were owned by little old lady's who only drove to church on sunday.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'm not against BEV's. I believe we should have choices and if a BEV fits your bill have at it. Just let me have my choice.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I'm not against BEV's. I believe we should have choices and if a BEV fits your bill have at it. Just let me have my choice.
But that’s a sensible way of thinking. That’s finding a happy medium. That’s allowing people, to have choices, for what best fits their likes, wants, needs, and life style. You’re the people that EV fanatics want to shut up.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

When I go online and search for Bolt EV within 100 miles of me, I get 10 hits, of which 9 are in transit and one on the lot. And I live within driving distance to the plant where it’s produced.

When I do the same search for a Colorado pickup (very popular truck) I can find 65 on dealer lots. When I check Equinox (best selling Chevy after Silverado) I get 715 hits. For Ford and GM, inventories are back to almost pre-supply chain levels.
Hello; Interesting how the reality at your location is so much different than for me. My 2004 pickup is down since last week. I hope to have it repaired but decided to shop for a new truck as it is 19 years old.
I want a regular cab with long bed pickup. A V8 engine at the half ton level. Hard to find. An odd twist is two dealers ( one ford & one chevy) had such trucks but will not sell to me. They reserve the work truck types for fleet & commercial sales.
I went to a 3/4 ton search and still had no luck within a reasonable driving distance. There is a Ram pickup in Georgia a bit over 100 miles away.

I can find double cab trucks in plenty. There is a single cab Ford about right miles away but with a ecoboost six cylinder that i do not want. I have had the 300 straight six in ford pickup in the past which was fine, but i want a V8.

I have to agree with Mitch03 that the supply of vehicles in general is not back to normal. I stopped in dealerships in Knoxville TN about four months ago looking to replace my truck. Was told I would have to order.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The new EV lightning is catching on fire…no pun intended 😂
Are you now getting forgetful as well? You raised this many pages back and all the data was provided to prove that EV's DO NOT catch fire more than ICE vehicles, in fact they catch fire LESS.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
But that’s a sensible way of thinking. That’s finding a happy medium. That’s allowing people, to have choices, for what best fits their likes, wants, needs, and life style. You’re the people that EV fanatics want to shut up.
EV users don't care what you or others think, they just get on with using the car they like. They don't have an agenda like you.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I know I’m only 4 months late in replying to the original post, but that is probably a good thing.

The guy in the video knows not of what he speaks. There…I said it. He is doing what we (engineers, planning professionals) label “opinioneering”. He is stating his opinion and what he would like to be true as if it is fact without offering any actual facts.

Let’s start with the headline…”GM pulling back on EVs”
Now let’s look at what GM is actually doing. I snapped this photo from GM’s website cover page after I typed the line above…
8DDE1877-E9C3-47B7-838D-9103BA4228D6.jpeg

I may not be totally clear on what “pulling back” means, but that doesn’t really look like it.

He also does not accurately quote what GM has said their plan is. I won’t fault him on that, since most people misquote that. GM has said that they will only offer zero-emissions passenger vehicles beginning in 2035. They have not (yet) wavered from that.

I highlight the word passenger. That is to distinguish it from commercial vehicles. GM has yet to commit to a transition plan for commercial vehicles. They have launched an entirely new brand (BrightDrop) for the purpose of producing and selling electric commercial vehicles, but they have not discussed timing for commercial vehicles to be all electric.

The video points to the fact that GM is still developing and releasing new ICE product. Of course they are. 2035 is still more than 10 years away! Who expects for GM to freeze production of sales of ICE 10 years before the date they’ve committed to all electric? That would be financial suicide. GM recently announced a new V8. Some see that as pulling back on EV. Here’s a hint…the plant that will produce that engine is across town from the plant that makes commercial pickups. Guess where those engines are going? There is growing evidence that GM may design a variant to upgrade the Corvette base engine.

The video says that GM is pulling back to avoid spending billions of dollars to convert plants to assemble electric vehicles. The fact is GM has already spent billions of dollars to convert several plants to be “Factory Zero” plants. Plants that produce zero emissions vehicles and operate at a net carbon neutral status.

The video says EVs are only for affluent buyers and that prices are rising. Tesla has announced plans to produce a $25k EV sedan. GM continues to state that the Equinox EV that launches later this year will start at $30k. VW, Hyundai, Kia, and other brands are in the process now of releasing lower priced (high $20s to mid-$50s) EVs. It is also worth noting that a few weeks after that video, Tesla reduced prices on almost all of their EVs. Ford followed suit reducing the prices on several trims of Mach E. GM had already reduced prices on Bolt EV and Bolt EUV ahead of the impending launch of a $30,000 Equinox EV.

I could go on with more examples of opinioneering which simply does not align with the facts, but I’m trying not to come off as a ranty old man (I know…too late)
I'm afraid you are probably wasting your time. It doesn't matter what data or information you provide there are some on here who do not listen. They have an agenda (on many subjects) and never actually respond with any evidence themselves. If they even read your post they will respond with a silly meme or video or one liner which just demonstrates they have no clue.

They are just sad old (maybe some are young) trolls who are bitter about the world that they never want to change. They just love it when their fellow trolls join in to reinforce their views.

The OP's first post sums it up - he obviously never got beyond the headline to realise what he thought the item was about was actually not true.

They defend the indefensible - I'm sure I've seen that before somewhere :wink:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ICE vehicles and BEVs will coexist everywhere in the US for at least the next dozen years. You have a choice.

ICE will continue to be sold at least43 of the 50 states beyond 2035. You will have a choice for NEW vehicles in at least those states.

USED ICE vehicles will still be available in all states for the foreseeable future. I expect that new and used ICE vehicles will still be available beyond the time that I take up residence in an ornate urn on somebody’s mantle.

You will have fewer choices of ICE vehicles going forward, but there will still be choices. For the most part the reduction of ICE choices is due to strategic choices made by specific automakers, as well as regulation imposed by a handful of states.
Sponsored