GM is pulling back on EVs

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If what they had said decades ago (when global warming was the cool thing to say) about the poles melting and water levels rising in any area that there was beachfront development there would have been an immediate stop for any loans and development. Banks are a great decider when supposed global warming was the thing. Not only did beach front loans and development didnā€™t t stop it actually ramped up.

Banks model any future lending for any development because they donā€™t want to lose money. Even when projects are insured in case they go ā€œunderā€ the banks are not going to make their money back. Banks are not in the business of losing money. Why they hand to go from global warming to climate change. They couldnā€™t get banks to stop the lending to build beach front properties.
Maybe they should have - so effectively you are saying bankers know more than climatologists!

Coastal flooding is a real thing costing plenty of money so it seems the bankers were wrong
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do Land Rover not sell their hybrids in Australia yet?
Actually they do. I didnā€™t even look at them though because thereā€™s no dealership even vaguely close by.
All well and good until you need to drive 4 hours for a warranty claim, then stay the night or worse yet, have to leave the vehicle with them for a week or so. Too much hassle.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Gregs24 You have piqued my interest.
A third party reviewer had this to say about one of the new models:

ā€œThe 0-100km/h sprint sits at 5.4 seconds, while claimed fuel consumption (according to Australian testing) in mixed driving sits at 2.7 litres per 100 kilometres, and all-electric WLTP driving range at 53km.
DC fast charging at up to 50kW allows for an 80 per cent charge in 30 minutes.ā€

The full battery range of just over 50kmā€™s would be ample for the wifeā€™s daily commutes, charging it when she arrives home at the end of the day (free charge courtesy of our PV array).

Just need a dealership a little closer to homeā€¦..

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Despite the International Energy Agency saying in 2021 that there can now be no new fossil fuel developments if the world is to meet climate commitments, governments are continuing to approve oil, gas and coal projects.
He said that with disdain. He is calling for no more fossil fuels and he is upset that governments are not doing as he says.
But thatā€™s the beauty of the mandates,
Sorry I cannot get behind mandates, when these things are better no mandate will be needed.
Coastal flooding is a real thing costing plenty of money so it seems the bankers were wrong
Most all rivers flood at times also
All well and good until you need to drive 4 hours for a warranty claim, then stay the night or worse yet, have to leave the vehicle with them for a week or so. Too much hassle.
If there was a mandate this would be your reality.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If there was a mandate this would be your reality.
No, it wouldnā€™t. If the mandate was already in place, the vehicles would already exist to fill the void in the market. We know this because the free market has a distinct habit of filling the needs of consumers.
So you think that the vehicle we need wonā€™t exist in 2035? Seriously?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
No, it wouldnā€™t. If the mandate was already in place, the vehicles would already exist to fill the void in the market. We know this because the free market has a distinct habit of filling the needs of consumers.
Free markets and mandates are opposite of each other. Central planning never works.

Like was stated in one of the above linked articles, if governments got out of the way the free market would get us to carbon neutral a lot quicker and without pain.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Maybe they should have - so effectively you are saying bankers know more than climatologists!

You do know that you canā€™t stop water from eroding sand and land right? Do you know about that big thing we have in the states called the Grand Canyon? I know thatā€™s climate change too huh? šŸ˜‚

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Well I listened to the speech yesterday and he DID NOT say we need to shut off the oil now. Yet more rubbish from you as even the CNN link you posted does NOT say we need to shut off oil today. You are either not reading properly or just a deliberate troll?

Here is what it actually says:

Despite the International Energy Agency saying in 2021 that there can now be no new fossil fuel developments if the world is to meet climate commitments, governments are continuing to approve oil, gas and coal projects.
Hello; A wrong take of what was being said. A case of Gregs not reading for understanding.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Well I listened to the speech yesterday and he DID NOT say we need to shut off the oil now. Yet more rubbish from you as even the CNN link you posted does NOT say we need to shut off oil today. You are either not reading properly or just a deliberate troll?

Here is what it actually says:

May the cognitive dissonance be strong with you Luke.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
You do know that you canā€™t stop water from eroding sand and land right? Do you know about that big thing we have in the states called the Grand Canyon? I know thatā€™s climate change too huh? šŸ˜‚
Do you actually believe the drivel you post?

If you don't understand the difference between rising sea levels and coastal erosion there is no hope for you. The Grand Canyon has NOTHING to do with climate change as you well know.

I think they teach longshore drift in school Geography to 10 year olds - maybe you missed that?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
May the cognitive dissonance be strong with you Luke.
That the best you can manage?

YOU posted a link to an article which did NOT say what you thought it did (or wanted it too) and then when called out you cannot bring yourself to say - oh yes I'm sorry I misread it - just some snarky insult instead. If you cannot distinguish between 'no new development' and 'shut off the oil now' then maybe English isn't your strong point as well as Geography?

Troll - that is what you are pure and simple

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Do you actually believe the drivel you post?

If you don't understand the difference between rising sea levels and coastal erosion there is no hope for you. The Grand Canyon has NOTHING to do with climate change as you well know.

I think they teach longshore drift in school Geography to 10 year olds - maybe you missed that?
Hello; Slow down and read more carefully. He did not write that the Grand Canyon was directly climate change tho the climate did change some during the millions of years it took for the Colorado plateau to rise due to plate tectonics. He was merely comparing types of water erosion.

The key part was this quote. " I know thatā€™s climate change too huh? šŸ˜‚ "

I guess he will not see my post as i am on ignore.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Hello; Slow down and read more carefully. He did not write that the Grand Canyon was directly climate change tho the climate did change some during the millions of years it took for the Colorado plateau to rise due to plate tectonics. He was merely comparing types of water erosion.

The key part was this quote. " I know thatā€™s climate change too huh? šŸ˜‚ "

I guess he will not see my post as i am on ignore.
Brother I donā€™t waste time explaining to @Gregs24 my post. Heā€™s is supposed to be head and shoulders above us peons in intelligence. If he canā€™t get the sarcasm, he needs to just live with it. šŸ˜‚

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Brother I donā€™t waste time explaining to @Gregs24 my post. Heā€™s is supposed to be head and shoulders above us peons in intelligence. If he canā€™t get the sarcasm, he needs to just live with it. šŸ˜‚
I don't have to live with anything

Goodbye troll - ignore

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Goodbye troll - ignore
Greg going to his safe place where only people who think the same as he does get to enter.

Or

The Ostrich syndrome.
Sponsored