Glove box rattle fixed!

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
So I have been having this rattle since I bought my 2015 about 6 weeks ago. It sounded like to was coming from my glove box. It was fairly loud and annoying when the music is off, which when I'm coming home from work I tend to not listen to anything and try and enjoy the peace..... And this fucking rattle was disturbing my peace.

Anyway, I had been searching the forums, YouTube, trying all sorts of fixes that had been suggested. I checked my sideskirts, I took the trim apart, disassembled my glove box area searching for the offending pieces to no avail. Well, tonight, I finally found the little bastard! It was the plastic battery cover! Mine was screwed down with the plastic screws, however on the right side (if your standing at the front of the car) where the cover meets the other plastic trim piece, it's able to move around and tap against each other. Not sure if its the heat, or the age of the plastic or a combination of the 2 that allows that to flex and move now, however on my car it does. Took some 3m double sided tape and stuck it between the 2 pieces, = rattle gone. Here is a video of the rattle that I found on YouTube, this is not my video, but my rattle was identical, so if you have this rattle, this may be a fix for you!

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wouldn't think of looking in the engine bay for the rattle. Thanks for sharing.